Advice sought

NO. That reel is no good. 

I'll give you $200 for it. 

Jokes aside. 

That will do the trick.

Nice reel. Haven't owned one but it's a diawa.... You can't go wrong. 

Learn where the magnetic oil seals are and do not use anything to clean those areas except water. The instruction booklet should show you. 

On 01/07/2021 at 11:52 AM, Junky said:

NO. That reel is no good. 

I'll give you $200 for it. 

Jokes aside. 

That will do the trick.

Nice reel. Haven't owned one but it's a diawa.... You can't go wrong. 

Learn where the magnetic oil seals are and do not use anything to clean those areas except water. The instruction booklet should show you. 

Cheers mate 

6 hours ago, GregN70 said:

Awesome reel, it will go great. But kinda interesting how you bought it first then, sought info as to whether it be any good for intended purposes. Can we call it Post Purchase Evaluation.

Good luck

I bought it originally for Barra mate. 
down here in Brisbane I’ve heard you need to pull fish from structure quite quickly (fishing the port) ? 

1 hour ago, Jimmyjack said:

Yes, you need to have some grunt to get them away from structure if you're talking jack or barra, but threadies is very much lead them to the boat, wait for them to explode, get them back to the boat. They don't go into structure as a general rule, or at least where I fish for them.

I have found they will take about three big screaming runs, but by then they are normally conked out (when bait fishing anyways). I have had them snag me in pylons as well too.