Squid/Cuttlefish fun

kmcrosby78

Ripper intell on the squiding method there. I will be using that method very soon. Cheers.

Shame about those damned sea toads. They're such a nuisance ! Had to abandon a few mack sessions over the past year because of them.

Still, sounds like a top session that kept all those Crosbys entertained. Can't believe Liam is 9 !

19 hours ago, ellicat said:

Ripper intell on the squiding method there. I will be using that method very soon. Cheers.

Shame about those damned sea toads. They're such a nuisance ! Had to abandon a few mack sessions over the past year because of them.

Still, sounds like a top session that kept all those Crosbys entertained. Can't believe Liam is 9 !

Yep, as you know Brian, they grow up quickly. We got down the Gold Coast yesterday and the boys had rods in their hands as soon as we unloaded the car (I may have been a handful of seconds behind them ..... 😎). Liam is starting to throw lures around so I think his next few birthday and Xmas presents are sorted ..... 😁

FD176A3C-7B12-4615-BA01-E4535DADC820.thumb.jpeg.e98630d7c35898e762563770f4a1d04a.jpeg

Yes @Old Scaley it was great family time. Need to get dad out more and that was my brothers’ (he is the only one out of the three who lives in Brisbane) first time in this boat so need to fix that too, but he keeps very busy with work (teacher also), being president of a footy club and having a one year old .... 🤪).

Edited by kmcrosby78
Typo

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to chebacoo for bumping this. I hadn't seen it. 

Well done @kmcrosby78. Great effort. I love catching these and yep they can be very frustrating at times. 

I have had them so excited to kill my lure that they have been wrapped around it and not pinned at all. Sometimes you have to pry them off the lure to put them in the live tank or eski so yes I agree they are not the sharpest beaks in the birdcage. 

I will get back out there as soon as this lockdown ends. 

Thanks @chewbacoo.

@Drop Bear, according to Spero (Fishing Monthly) they are in deeper water (35ft) at the moment. I read or saw on TV recently that to increase the hook up rate, to lightly lift the rod when they first strike to slide the jig upwards and catch their tentacles with the barb at the bottom of the jig. Makes sense so I'll try that when I get back out there 🙂.

18 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Thanks @chewbacoo.

@Drop Bear, according to Spero (Fishing Monthly) they are in deeper water (35ft) at the moment. I read or saw on TV recently that to increase the hook up rate, to lightly lift the rod when they first strike to slide the jig upwards and catch their tentacles with the barb at the bottom of the jig. Makes sense so I'll try that when I get back out there 🙂.

Thanks mate. 

• 2 months later...
On 05/08/2021 at 6:37 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

Thanks @chewbacoo.

Much appreciated