There’s Bad News and there’s Good News

AUS-BNE-FISHO

I love walking around my favorite flathead haunt on a low tide to see where they sit - like @samsteele115 I find it rather therapeutic. Quite often see them pushing up towards 1m long but haven’t caught one quite that size there yet. Hopefully this year! It’s amazing how far up the flats they push on the big tides. 

Good luck trying to get one Hamish.

On 20/07/2021 at 8:05 PM, Another Wazza said:

Well spotted Hamish, work the area thoroughly and you may get rewarded 👍

Hi Wazza

Thanks. I think I’ll fish it with a mix of small and large soft plastics with different weights.

On 20/07/2021 at 8:29 PM, Breaming with bro said:

Fish the shallows near those mangroves of the that river at high tide using light soft plastics or hardbodie divers if you wish and you will get heaps . Fishing tight against the mangroves at high tide is a excellent way to catch loads of decent fish you would be surprised how shallow you get em to sometimes you get them in less then 10cm water .but the key is to cast towards the mangroves and fish along the mangrove lines . This is what I done is this sesh I done it was a fairly quick sesh but I landed plenty of decent fish 

Thanks for bringing that report up Bro. It had some helpful information in it. I will definitely time it with a high tide and fish right up in the mangroves.

On 20/07/2021 at 8:32 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

Got get him (or her) Hamish 🙂 

I’m hoping so! I’m also hoping I get a pan sized one. I will plan a big trip with Dad. We will try for some crabs, prawns, and fish. If it works out (very unlikely with my luck 😂) it would be a great trip. 

On 20/07/2021 at 9:50 PM, samsteele115 said:

Finding flathead lies is almost as good as catching them I reckon. I find it oddly therapeutic. Found a 90cm one the other day! And a few today the size of the one you have pictured. Couldn't catch any though, but maybe Thursday 🙂

Hi Sam

Wow! That’s huge! Did you get any luck today? 

19 hours ago, benno573 said:

I love walking around my favorite flathead haunt on a low tide to see where they sit - like @samsteele115 I find it rather therapeutic. Quite often see them pushing up towards 1m long but haven’t caught one quite that size there yet. Hopefully this year! It’s amazing how far up the flats they push on the big tides. 

Good luck trying to get one Hamish.

Hi Benno

Wow! That sounds so fun. It was a good feeling when I found it. Hopefully I can time an early morning and high tide session.

6 hours ago, Tuna are fish said:

try using weedless plastics so you can cast far into the mangroves to lure that bugga out.

Thanks for the tip Tuna! 

3 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

So good mate. Good luck. 

IMG20210618070017.jpg

Thanks @Drop Bear.That lie is huge! 
Cheers Hamish