Brisbane River Session #108

AUS-BNE-FISHO

30 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Nice. I wish they had fishing club at my school. You are spoilt ! haha

For sport my school has a fishing option cause the school is next to the river when I was 12 I used to go down there when they had sport on I didn’t go to that school back then I used to go fishing with the other school now my current school and catch all the bream and people weren’t catching anything some people got annoyed at me and some asked for tips and advice I usually gave them a bit of bread and a hook and every now and then they would get a decent bream . Although now I wouldn’t choose fishing for sport as my local area got ruined by the floods and washed the jettie among other things away and also the fact back then I had cheap fishing gear and I was just using bread if I was to do fishing for sport now I wouldn’t wanna risk bringing a Stradic and $100+ rod to school and also plastics and jigheads which the amount I would bring would props be worth $40-50 not only is it risky for breakage but if some dodgy kid wanted to steal it they could get a bit of coin for it to. But never less it seems like you had a bit of fun with the handline good job on the baby cod

1 hour ago, Ed. said:

Hey Hamish, I would have thought that they would ask you to teach the class 😆.

Ed.

Haha, thanks Ed. I can’t wait for the next one.

30 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Nice. I wish they had fishing club at my school. You are spoilt ! haha

Thanks Brian. I am certainly very lucky to have a fishing club! 

1 minute ago, Breaming with bro said:

For sport my school has a fishing option cause the school is next to the river when I was 12 I used to go down there when they had sport on I didn’t go to that school back then I used to go fishing with the other school now my current school and catch all the bream and people weren’t catching anything some people got annoyed at me and some asked for tips and advice I usually gave them a bit of bread and a hook and every now and then they would get a decent bream . Although now I wouldn’t choose fishing for sport as my local area got ruined by the floods and washed the jettie among other things away and also the fact back then I had cheap fishing gear and I was just using bread if I was to do fishing for sport now I wouldn’t wanna risk bringing a Stradic and $100+ rod to school and also plastics and jigheads which the amount I would bring would props be worth $40-50 not only is it risky for breakage but if some dodgy kid wanted to steal it they could get a bit of coin for it to

Hi Bro

Sounds like it was a bit of fun. I hope your river recovers quick smart.

Cheers Hamish