Tasline any good

Brodie_S

bought some tasline 300m of 20lb tonight was gonna buy J braid x8 in multi colour but decided tasline had a very great rep and was thinner then j braid . So I decided to pay the extra $11 for the tasline im gonna spool it on to my Sedona 5000 and see how it goes . if any one uses tasline or knows someone who does . what do yous think about tasline 

my favourite braid for 40lb and up

thin, strong, no coatings or colours to fade and super smooth. tested breaking strains also which helps you decide which to select for your porpoise.

But it is very expensive and i dont think lighter braid justifies the price so i will buy 8 strand PE on special by thickness (not rating) for 30lb and under

3 hours ago, Andrew_P said:

my favourite braid for 40lb and up

thin, strong, no coatings or colours to fade and super smooth. tested breaking strains also which helps you decide which to select for your porpoise.

But it is very expensive and i dont think lighter braid justifies the price so i will buy 8 strand PE on special by thickness (not rating) for 30lb and under

I am thinking of getting some 30lb Shimano kairiki 8 strand. How does Tasline compare in diameter?

Never used shimano kairiki 8. I’ve only heard negative feedback and bad reviews I’d stay away from it if I was you . But try it if you wish it might be decent but I wouldn’t risk it . The 20lb/PE 1.7 tasline breaks at 34.7lbs and it’s diameter is 0.225 the 30lb tasline breaks at 49lbs and it’s diameter is 0.229 . I’m pretty sure this is why they measure heavier lines in PE because it’s more accurate PE 1.7 from what I’ve found is actually 30lb not 20lb . So if I was you I’d be looking at getting PE 1.7 braids or tasline 20lb as they are actually 30lb braids not 20lb hope that helps