change of plans . fishing sessions vol 2

Brodie_S

3 hours ago, ellicat said:

It's a great feeling to land a couple when you're expectations are low. Might be worth another try by the sounds of it.

I remember the first time I fished there it was summer I brought my good rod and my own tackle and started flicking plastics I caught a just under 40cm flathead beside the boat but there was so much weed that day that every cast soon as my plastic touched the bottom it would be tangled with weeds . After that flathead I got heaps of small bream on bread although I’ve caught a few legal bream there but nothing over 27cm . after the bream on bread I tried crankbaits I hooked something decent but I dropped it after within 5 seconds. The next sesh I had there I just got small bream on bread but then I rigged up a bit of mullet on one of my rods and hooked something huge and after a long fight it turned out to be a stringray . And every session after that has been either been just really small bream or a donut until yesterday 

1 hour ago, Drop Bear said:

Nice one mate enjoy the feed. 

Perhaps you are a better angler these days?

Yeah I’m always getting better but i was definitely lucky yesterday the conditions were pretty much perfect yesterday. I improved a lot last year when I done the North Queensland trip gained a lot more knowledge and experience .I’m always improving with fishing though and trying to get better this year and next year though I wanna focus more on getting bigger fish like snapper kingfish and whatever else I can catch offshore