Lockdown stocktake

benno573

1 hour ago, benno573 said:

I have a decent trip planned for a few months time (rona pending) so I thought I would make use of the fact I was stuck at home over the weekend to take stock of my current tackle and see what - if anything - I need to top up before the trip. Three main things - leader and line, plastics and jig heads.

by the time I went through every tackle box and bag I could find this is what I came up with...

plastics (1 of 2 drawers)

E3EF9F6D-E5FE-4B55-B95C-1D4FEB185384.thumb.jpeg.3890ede56b457035c90be8284da7e9bc.jpeg

leader/line

5F018904-019C-46F8-822A-D3E8B6A12947.thumb.jpeg.91373e7ec09a9e0cc613517106f234ed.jpeg

and finally jigheads... now all organized by weight, hook size and head shapeCB70D393-3CF9-4D63-A4DE-CA61FD2A603B.thumb.jpeg.2f141680e58c7501f3d799c3a67e3100.jpeg

And theres another box of bigger heavier jigheads that didn’t fit here as well...

Glad I checked... top up order went from over $400 to about $120 as I am actually in need of 40g and 30g slugs and not a lot else.

its not a habit, it’s cool, I feel alive... if you don’t have it it’s on an online site... I’m not an addict, maybe that’s a lie.😂😬😳

I know I’m addicted. 

47 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Where's the planned trip to @benno573 out of interest?

Burning some long service, loading up car and trailer with far too much camping and fishing gear, 2 kayaks, a sup, and setting up on my favorite island for 3 weeks. Can’t wait. Only 4 months to go. Booked it back in feb so already been counting down for 6 months. 😂

1 hour ago, benno573 said:

Burning some long service, loading up car and trailer with far too much camping and fishing gear, 2 kayaks, a sup, and setting up on my favorite island for 3 weeks. Can’t wait. Only 4 months to go. Booked it back in feb so already been counting down for 6 months. 😂

Is that your favourite ‘I’ll be back in a minute honey, just going to the pub to get some more beer’ type island, your ‘Oh ****, we’re out of beer, honey! I’ll be back in a few hours, as you head down the beach to the nearest barge crossing, type of island, or your ‘Bloody hell! It’s night time, we’re out of beer, and the tides up. Pass me the shotgun honey, I’m gonna have to swim for more and there’s crocs everywhere!’ type of island?

Love your work @benno573.  Last time I went fishing with @ellicat we were pondering over the total purchase price of everything in the various tackle boxes and drawers and cupboards. Most of us would be the same, and the money we have spent over the years would be frightening. Why is it then that we never have everything we need, and have to head to the tackle store to offload another bunch of cash on stuff we might never use? But we love it, don’t we? And it can be our little secret. This post prompted me to dig out some of the scores of lures that I have sitting in boxes and raised a question that I will pose in a new thread. 

4 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Love your work @benno573.  Last time I went fishing with @ellicat we were pondering over the total purchase price of everything in the various tackle boxes and drawers and cupboards. Most of us would be the same, and the money we have spent over the years would be frightening. Why is it then that we never have everything we need, and have to head to the tackle store to offload another bunch of cash on stuff we might never use? But we love it, don’t we? And it can be our little secret. This post prompted me to dig out some of the scores of lures that I have sitting in boxes and raised a question that I will pose in a new thread. 

You are correct, however you must remember it is easily justified to our better halves given the never ending fruitful bounty we consistently bring home to serve up for dinner after yet another successful fishing outing ......... 🤭