Rainbow channel 14/8/21

Another Wazza

Trollers, drifters, anchorers and paravaners. Did not see one landed today as we spent hours searching for the suckers in the Rous and Rainbow channels. Sent my mate home with only 2 average diver whiting after 9 hours on the water.

Next time...

That's a nice one, @Andrew_P. Would have played up nicely.

2 hours ago, ellicat said:

Trollers, drifters, anchorers and paravaners. Did not see one landed today as we spent hours searching for the suckers in the Rous and Rainbow channels. Sent my mate home with only 2 average diver whiting after 9 hours on the water.

Next time...

Interesting Brian, that has unfortunately confused my plan for tomorrow with the boys ....... 🤨.  

18 hours ago, ellicat said:

Next time...

I was one of those. @Another Wazzamust have caught them all 🙄

13 hours ago, ellicat said:

Good luck. They're probably still there, just had a bad day for us for some reason.

Went later than planned as had my brother over at my parents so ended up just drifting east of Green for a couple of cuttlefish then moved in closer and anchored up hoping for some snapper but struggled with the tidal flow (bit out of practice, had forgotten just how hard it flows on big tides and we unfortunately were fishing the middle of the tide).

Moved a couple of times and was marginally better but only got a couple of very small ones and a small cat shark so like you, went home with our tail between our tails between our legs 🤨.  

Still good to be out though, saw a couple of pods of dolphins. Also some a nice glass boat on a flat tray truck at the ramp when we arrived - another victim of the old unhitching too early trick ... caused a bit of congestion but we got lucky 😎.

• 2 weeks later...