Trip to Hutchinson Shoal

Fletch01

Hi All,

I have been researching info about doing a trip out to Hutchinson Shoal (on a good day) and wanted to get some info on the best passage out as I hear it can be a bit sketchy at times. 

Would appreciate following someone out or alternatively getting someone to ride along on my first run out (I’ll provide the bait, boat and and everything bar the rods) just to get a feel for the lay of the land etc. 

Boat is a Silver Shark 580DC with a 115hp Yamaha, plan to launch from Scarborough ramp if we can get away before it turns into a parking lot. Have been reviewing the contour maps etc. and marking out the route and spots to get the lines wet in advance. 

Hey mate, welcome to the forum. No issue at all getting out to the area around Hutchies in your boat on the right day. Getting around comboyuro pt can be tricky though so your caution with wanting to follow someone or take someone out who knows the area would be a good idea to help build your confidence and ensure a safe trip.

id be happy to come along but my availability is quite limited with family stuff but if the stars align I will happily stick my hand up. 👍