brisbane river session #111

AUS-BNE-FISHO

21 hours ago, Cavvy said:

Bad luck no squire for you Hamish!  Nice day out for the family aside from the rocky start!

Thanks Dad. There's always next time!

7 hours ago, ellicat said:

Sounds like your last cast was just too soon.

Stonker catfish !

I noticed the barometer was 1020. Ten twenty, fish aplenty is the saying.

Hi Brian

Yes, I think it was. I still can't get over the fight the catty put up. It was at least ten minutes long. That is interesting about the barometer - maybe I will get to test it in coming weeks.

47 minutes ago, Breaming with bro said:

nice one Hamish seems like you a pretty good sesh this time worth waking up for on a Sunday 😂

Cheers Bro. It was definitely worth waking up for!

Hamish

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, GregOug said:

Bloody hell Hamish. I make sure I make myself a coffee and some toast before I sit down to read one of your reports. Well done on a great day. Did you measure the squire? And how do you measure the air pressure? Do you have a barometer or get it off the BOM website?

Hi Greg

Thanks, the squire was 40CM. I just get the forecast off BOM, as I don't have my own barometer.

Cheers Hamish

18 hours ago, GregOug said:

Bloody hell Hamish. I make sure I make myself a coffee and some toast before I sit down to read one of your reports. Well done on a great day. Did you measure the squire? And how do you measure the air pressure? Do you have a barometer or get it off the BOM website?

On the subject of barometers, does anyone have a recommendation of one to buy for use in the boat. This one looks like what I’m after, but the reviews of it are terrible. Apparently the dial is only painted on.

B519FA91-A9E5-4B47-B058-3F98ABB9A1AA.png

A lot of smartphones have a barometer sensor built in to them, that will just tell you what the pressure is. If you want more info regarding best times/tides to fish you will need a Solunar app.

On if on the web, try https://tides4fishing.com/au/queensland

Just select the closest position to where you want to fish, (It is about 3/4 of the page down) and you can select which day/month you are also interested in to go fishing at the top of the page.

Cheers

Ed.

1 hour ago, Ed. said:

A lot of smartphones have a barometer sensor built in to them, that will just tell you what the pressure is. If you want more info regarding best times/tides to fish you will need a Solunar app.

On if on the web, try https://tides4fishing.com/au/queensland

Just select the closest position to where you want to fish, (It is about 3/4 of the page down) and you can select which day/month you are also interested in to go fishing at the top of the page.

Cheers

Ed.

Thanks Ed.

You can also get a dedicated Solunar Fish Gauge like the Kokoda FishIQ, it's the one I have, but the only problem with this one is that it does not have an On/Off button so once you put the battery in, it will keep the screen active till the battery drains(CR-2032), and then you have to put in the location (limited areas in OZ only ie, Cairns, Gladstone, Gold Coast, Melb, Sydney) and also the time in again, although I think that there is a user location set by Lat/Long., but I haven't tried it out.

With this one you can press a button and it will switch to the next tide change (4 periods) to show what you might be able to expect fishing wise at that time or you can select which day/month you want. It also has a blinking bar on the graph to show you what part of the tide you are in, plus the current moon phase.

Personally I didn't use it much as I found it was much simpler just to go on to that site I mentioned (above) to work out when I should try to fish.

Solunar Gauge.jpg

• AUS-BNE-FISHO changed the title to brisbane river session #111