NSW animal cruelty legislation and fishing

SuperHans

This is from the NSW Recreational Fishing alliance email  received today.

NSW RecFisher September 2021

"If you want to continue fishing you must SIGN this E-Petition to the NSW Parliament!

There is no doubt the animal rights movement are licking their lips; they think their time has come to finally get at fishing in this country while NSW DPI and Minister Adam Marshall are asleep at the wheel.

Every NSW fisher should question the NSW Government why it would blindly support the notion, that fishing “harms” the fish and why it would propose new laws that will specifically acknowledge psychological suffering in the definition of cruelty; in addition to the already existing provisions around pain and physical suffering. 

Sign the E-petition here and stop this from progressing to becoming law in NSW. We have not had a proper debate around the issues, and until we do, recreational fishing is under threat."

24 minutes ago, Angry51 said:

Yeah/nah, you gotta be a mexican resident to sign the petition.

Hi Angry,

that would make you a feeeelthy gringo? 😊

If you click on the link it just asks you to tick a box saying that you are a resident of NSW-no address details needed as confirmation. Far be it rom me to encourage someone to be dishonest😇.

I haven't read the proposed legislation, just forwarded the message in case others want to support the petition. I dont eat meat now and kill the fish I catch quickly and humanely.  I still have nightmares from when I worked in an abattoir in the school holidays when I was a teenager, and am  disgusted in the live export of sheep/cattle and their treatment at their destinations in the Middle East and Indonesia. I know I am a hypocrite, as I use live bait and am certain that they suffer [until they are eaten anyway]. 

I just thought others who may have a view may want to express it before the Minister makes a decision. 🙂