What did you leave behind ?

ellicat

56 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Luckily I took 3 rods all rigged and ready and had plastics onboard. Didn't do me much good though. Between @Another Wazza and I we managed to have 5 mackerel hits, for two hookups for two dropped boatside.... It was one of those days. Wazza did manage to complement the esky with 2 legal squire which he generously donated to my kitchen.

Nice work Brian and Wazza!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Too many things to mention 🙂

Quite often its because the brain hasn't quite fully boot up for those early morning fishing trips.

Because i know i won't be at my peak mental capacity as i've only had a light sleep the night before (too excited) I've committed it all to a checklist.

I just run through the list before exiting the drive way. This has saved many a uturn back home.

Once you put together a list its surprising the number of things you need to remember for a fishing trip. My list is 50+ items long.

I always prepare the day before. No list for fishing trips, but always have a list for camping. Doesn’t stop me forgetting to pack stuff the day of departure (I have left my tent behind twice). For stuff that is last minute, like food from the fridge or bait from the freezer, I leave a note on top of the car keys to stop me from forgetting.

With one group of mates I camp with, we always spend some time around the campfire on the last night running through things we could improve. What did we bring that we didn’t need, or what didn’t we bring that we should have? Better ways to set up the camp? We note that down for next trip. I reckon having a list for day trips would be useful though. It might stop my mind from constantly running an internal checklist throughout the night. Like the others I always sleep really lightly the night before.

8 hours ago, Hweebe said:

Too many things to mention 🙂

Quite often its because the brain hasn't quite fully boot up for those early morning fishing trips.

Because i know i won't be at my peak mental capacity as i've only had a light sleep the night before (too excited) I've committed it all to a checklist.

I just run through the list before exiting the drive way. This has saved many a uturn back home.

Once you put together a list its surprising the number of things you need to remember for a fishing trip. My list is 50+ items long.

I wish I was that organised.... I don't think i will ever grow up. 🙂

On 20/01/2022 at 2:37 PM, Old Scaley said:

always have a list for camping. Doesn’t stop me forgetting to pack stuff the day of departure (I have left my tent behind twice). For stuff that is last minute, like food from the fridge or bait from the freezer, I leave a note on top of the car keys to stop me from forgetting.

With one group of mates I camp with, we always spend some time around the campfire on the last night running through things we could improve. What did we bring that we didn’t need, or what didn’t we bring that we should have? Better ways to set up the camp? We note that down for next trip. I reckon having a list for day trips would be useful though. It might stop my mind from constantly running an internal checklist throughout the night. Like the others I always sleep really lightly the night before.

Wise words and good tip, I do the exact same thing for camping. Electronic list on the Google Keep Notes and we run through and make additions/changes as needed.

We are now at the point that for our basic camp setup we have what we need.

Definitely agree on preparing the afternoon before as much as possible keeps the noise down and neighbours happy.