New on Northside Brissie

Boogieman

Hi,

New to the forum and back from a long break from boat fishing. 
I just bought a 4.5m Brooker Adventurer side console for the family to get off the shore and get some decent fish. 
I’m close to the Pine river so plan to get about there for a while until I get some experience back, and then venture out a bit. 

Any tips on boating or fishing spots welcomed. 

Cheers

Welcome to the AFO forum. There's a few northsider members here that will know your area better than I, but at the right time Hays Inlet is a good area for flatties. Just upriver from the highway, on the left hand side, there's some structure that looks worthy of a fish. At deepwater bend I've hooked (but lost) a decent juvenile bull shark on a live whiting.

As for boating tips, have a look at the Boating Forum on here, or ask away. There's plenty of helpful boaters that will steer you in the right direction.

42 minutes ago, Jono4500 said:

Hi boogieman 

Im northside, no boat but on the pine from what I hear more often than not, the deep water boat ramp can get busy,  there's a ramp behind strathpine shops and can also launch near old petrie mill (kids favourite playground there now) Good luck!

I like the Dohles Rocks ramp. They all seem to get busy so it must mean it’s a good spot to launch. 

Hey @Boogieman

Welcome to the forum. Deep Water Bend and Dohles Rock are somewhat renowned landbased spots. They both get hit very hard but fishing with light line and good baits can produce fish I believe. 

Check out this person's old reports on their profile. They will be very handy - 

https://www.australianfishing.com.au/profile/48852-curranboy99/

I'm always seeing jewies or crabs being caught in their boat based. I went there once and had success on a sandbar near the mouth. We got some sole.

Cheers Hamish