Good 'Tings Were Happening

AUS-BNE-FISHO

On 05/10/2021 at 7:33 PM, Angry51 said:

Sounds like a good day was had by all.

That water looks nice, and the fish even better.

Thanks Angry. The whiting were delicious. 

On 05/10/2021 at 7:44 PM, Allnighter said:

Nice report Hamish, and nice catch of whitings lads !!

What is Brian referring to with his thumb and forefinger?

Lol 🙂

Cheers Allnighter

On 05/10/2021 at 8:00 PM, ellicat said:

Good one Hamish. It was a good day and we actually caught some dinner ! Thanks for coming along.

Thanks Brian, it was great being out there.

On 05/10/2021 at 11:50 PM, GregOug said:

Well done all. A successful day out.

Thank you Greg. 

On 06/10/2021 at 7:44 AM, Old Scaley said:

Nice report @AUS-BNE-FISHO.  We didn’t fill the esky but the quality was there. See you next school holidays.

Thanks Steve, there were some good whiting.

On 06/10/2021 at 8:07 AM, kmcrosby78 said:

Great day out there team and a very well written report Hamish, well done all 🙂. How did @Kat go?

Thanks KM. 

On 06/10/2021 at 8:29 AM, Kat said:

As for team C-Jay (name of boat) with the yabbies, the fishing was slow and hindered by 1. Putting stupid Bimini back on boat (hate it with a passion but apparently guests on board don't want their kids to get Melanoma); and 2. A six and ten year old who have a request or need every 10 seconds.  Tangling lines around anchor etc etc.

I was impressed that the almost 6 year old decided she wanted to pull anchor and so I stood next to her to give her a hand and she flatly refused any help and expertly and quite quickly pulled in the rope and 4 metres of heavy chain only requiring assistance once the anchor itself was caught on the bow and she couldn't reach far enough forward to lift it over.  I was stunned by her determination.  This little one caught a 57cm flattie all by herself a couple of weeks ago and was the first to land two fish in the boat on Monday!  Her dad is an avid fisho and very proud.

As to legal fish released to the Esky on Monday there was a stonker fat 34.5 cm whiting and a decent 30 cm one, a 44cm flattie and a smallish flounder. The former three listed were landed by the BF (outfished as usual).

A couple of legal sized Bream were released back to the water to annoy another angler in the future. There were some smaller Bream and Tarwhine also landed.  

The flattie and whiting are enough for me and the BF for tea so I suppose given my bait was free (as opposed to the $50.00 spent on worms) it was reasonably economical and a fun day other than my lack of actual fishing time.

Must also mention we were behind the competition from the get go as someone forgot to put the yabbies in the boat and we had to turn around about half way to the ramp to collect them.  So we got at least an hour's less time in the water.  Enough excuses?

It was fantastic to catch up with everyone again.  

Hamish must have shot up at least a foot since I saw him last probably about a year ago I think.  Time flies.

Cheers Kat

Thanks Kat. You still had a pretty good day. It was good to catch up again. I've sure been growing lots recently!

20 hours ago, tugger said:

Great report and a nice feed of fish it's hard to beat whiting and flathead on the pan.

Thanks tugger.

20 hours ago, benno573 said:

Nice one guys and gals. Cracker day out. 👍

Thank you Benno.

4 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Great trip and great report mate. 

Glad they were biting.

Thanks Robbie, it was good they were biting.

Cheers Hamish