ID of this fish, please

Mission

2 minutes ago, Kat said:

So @AUS-BNE-FISHO can you tell me does it have a size limit in Queensland? What is it categorized under?  

Also about time you got a part time job at your local tackle shop or with DAF or a fishing mag.  Maybe you could pitch a regular young guns column.

Cheers Kat

Hi Kat

It doesn't have a size limit but does have a bag limit of twenty. I have been told they are a popular aquarium fish. You find them in brackish and salt water. They would come under the Gudgeon species list. The ones I have caught fight have fought very little. Interestingly, they have also never been hooked. Rather, they have been holding onto the bait so tight I can winch them up!

I would love to be in one of those things. I might have to start looking around!

Cheers Hamish

On 08/10/2021 at 8:22 PM, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi Kat

It doesn't have a size limit but does have a bag limit of twenty. I have been told they are a popular aquarium fish. You find them in brackish and salt water. They would come under the Gudgeon species list. The ones I have caught fight have fought very little. Interestingly, they have also never been hooked. Rather, they have been holding onto the bait so tight I can winch them up!

I would love to be in one of those things. I might have to start looking around!

Cheers Hamish

On 08/10/2021 at 8:26 PM, Kat said:

Yes.  Start now.  Maybe one of the AFO members has a contact at BCF or similar?  @GregOug? @Drop Bear?  

Write up a CV, Drop into your local BCF and I am sure you will get a job. I don't think there is much work in the Magazines any more but they are easy to google and contact. 

3 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Write up a CV, Drop into your local BCF and I am sure you will get a job. I don't think there is much work in the Magazines any more but they are easy to google and contact. 

Yes magazines are doiing it tough but you if you come up with an idea they will generally take it on board. so you may not be paid but you may well be published.