Mangrove jack fishing gold coast

Jammy11

On 04/11/2021 at 5:58 PM, Jammy11 said:

Looking to get my first Jack. I fish heavily around monaco st bridges and mermaid. How ever current rages through monaco st. Any advice for those areas would be great.  I fish livies and well as plastics and hard bodies.

Try fishing top and bottom of the tide if you have having issues with the current. 

Also look for the neap tides or the ones that have the smallest highs. These happen about 7 days after and before the full moon. 

On 08/11/2021 at 11:21 AM, marty said:

As already mentioned, try to fish the tide changes as the current will slow - but it always rages through Monaco St so you don't get much slack time.

On the run out tide, if you are in a boat fish the corners of the canal that link to the Nerang river - there are some nice eddies there.

I only know one Eddie and he is a prick. Glad you know a nice one... soz dad joke. 

• 3 weeks later...

Fish the start of the run out tide. Preferably at night and very, very early morning. 

Livies work sometimes but you will get better fish on hards and plastics. 

Learning where to position your lure is paramount. Its not just a matter of peppering the area. 

You will spook them easily and they will not bite. That's why night time works well. 

Then other nights they will school up under the boat like kingfish and you get a fish a drop. 

Look up "the jack guide" on YouTube. He gives some good advise.