The Mad Hughesy

Suburbs of Origin 21/22 Summer Slam dates  

14 members have voted

1. 1. proposed dates of the SOO comp

• 11/12/2021 - 16/01/2022
    • wait til next year so it isnt over the xmas break
    • another time TBD

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/28/2021 at 11:23 PM

3rd Gold Coast offshore trip tomorrow at sparrows fart weather permitting!  Gonna upgrade the Snapper entry I hope!

Last offshore trip was very very very slow - still managed to outfish two seasoned Fishos though!  Brought back the only two legal fish landed. 

Plan is to get out a little wider than the last trip - my anxiety being the major issue!  Having had near nil experience on the water I found that the swell offshore in the dark hard to handle and I couldn't say I enjoyed the first couple of hours. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Neil Stratford said:

This is too big to measure 😝 lol 

35942160-BE34-4CCF-B9BC-E32DB8FC2294.gif

Clever putting the BLUE DYE in the water so that your giant shark counts for the mighty southside team Neil - nice one 🙂. Makes @christophagus sharks look like bait ....... 😁

Edited by kmcrosby78

40 minutes ago, Kat said:

I think I recognise those two blokes counting the hundreds of whiting - from memory they were supposed to take me for a sea trial that day! Ha ha.  Good one Greg!

P.s this is supposed to be the leaderboard not general banter forum😺

You can sell a boat every day but you can’t go fishing every day. They had their priorities right.

Nice Jewie Steve, good work, it must have been a pleasant surprise

I thought I had one for the board, just before Xmas, all the hard work was done, I was just reeling him in the last few metres..... then I got burgled in broad daylight!!, he would’ve been a cracker if I landed him whole.

I still managed a decent feed with the flesh that was left though, and decided to preserve the jaws as a keep sake

FDC4207C-BF0A-402E-B9B1-A69F94949238.thumb.jpeg.c249654eacddb00e3e42eaca2958e31c.jpeg

7902FCC6-AF08-4DE9-9689-01B61375B17B.thumb.jpeg.09fd643ac63f046be6b62e3930ed53a5.jpeg

1 hour ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Great fish Steve, well done!!  River? I've been thinking I might try for them soon for the first time in years, possibly next week.

Yes Kelvin. The river was probably the only place that was (barely) fishable today. You get after them, mate. If this one could be caught in the middle of the day in a strong run using cuttlefish head you should do well if you really target them. Good luck!