Only pertains with the ulterra when it stows with the prop pointing to the sky instead of parallel to the water, You get a motor error message on the remote and you are unable to deploy the motor. There is a black button on the left hand rap that you press and hold and the ulterra thinks that the motor is stored correctly and then you deploy the motor and turn the power off and manually turn the motor 90 degrees and  then turn power back on and quickly press the power button 3 times and the motor will reset itself and raise itself and then deploy and then stow itself in the correct position. NOTE THIS ONLY PERTAINS TO THE ULTERRAS .

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Previous Member
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• Similar Content

• By rayke1938
      Very slow day for me today. Did not boat a fish until after 11am after a 5.30am start and then I only boated 2 bass.  I would have had a yella but I elected not to use the landing net ad the fish was only lipped so it was an auto release. Tai did better contributing to a final tally of 7 bass and 5 yellas and one lone spangled perch. At least we had good weather with no rain and the wind was not too bad. Been a while since Tai has been out with me and I really enjoyed his company plus the delicious salad for lunch. Skippy supervised us while we did the shrimp pots. Percy was conspicuous by his absence but around 30 of his mates were roosting on the ramp when Todd launched.

Please login or register to view this image
    • By Kimtown
      Hey guys
      Heading to Swains reef 27th of October 2022. Just doing as much research as I can now.  
      I’m wondering, is this a decent guide on what species to expect there for that time of year?

Please login or register to view this content I know it’s Cairns but I figure the species should be somewhat similar?
      if not, is there another guide / almanac out there I could read?

also, what are peoples thoughts on a Daiwa demonblood 5’6 - 6-8 paired with a Talica 12 2spd with 65lbs braid for trolling for the game species there… dog tooth, spaniards, sail fish, small marlin etc 

if anyone can give me any more valuable knowledge of the Swains that’d be awesome. Heading there with bigcatreality, looking forward to it. 
    • By rayke1938
      Went to western arm where the rain varied between torrential to a light drizzle. We put up the umbrella as soon as we launched and went straight to the tip of Ians island and tied up between 2 trees. The bass were hungry and willing but unfortunately so were the barred grunter. We ran out of bait and decided it was too dangerous to do the shrimp traps as the trees tend to drop branches when they are wet. We ended up back at the ramp at 10am with 58 bass and one tandan and the eagle enjoyed a feed of barred grunter. Had to run the bilge pump a few times to get rid of the rain water.

• By Kat
      Last Tuesday the fishing weather gods aligned and the BF managed to get the day off work.  We headed to the GC Seaway departing from South Maclean about 2.30am.  Unfortunately had a couple of stops to make before launching at the Spit boat ramp so the sun was already coming up when we launched.  The bar crossing was a non-event as the weather, tide and swell was almost perfect.  I logged our trip by phone - my first time logging a trip.  The plan was to return about 3pm.
      We headed to the 36 fathoms found a bait ball on the sounder and I dropped my Sabiki bringing up a minimum of four slimy mackerel each drop.  Once I had dropped the bait jig three times we decided we had enough live bait for the time being.  We dropped a live bait and another two rigs with squid at the same spot.  No joy.
      We hit another mark or two close by and did a drift or two, again with no joy!
      It was difficult to find bottom, the current was raging through despite the reports otherwise.
      We decided to head back in a little and fished one of the FAD's.  My first drop I felt a couple of small taps, felt like I might have had a couple of bait fish on (Paternoster rig with two dropper hooks - No. 5/0 for snapper).  Pulled up a baby flatty and another barely legal (the latter released to the Esky to accompany the whiting fillets in the freezer).  
        The next few drops we both pulled up small flatties.  Other smaller reef fish were landed and then the BF got wrapped around the FAD by an unidentified fish.
      We decided to move further in and head South East to a couple of marks.  The first mark produced some decent snapper after a few drifts, my PB, which measured 50cm on the boat and had shrunk a couple of cm by the time he hit the Bragmat!  I also got a 37cm one and a couple of unders.  The BF got a couple of unders, a 60cm (again it had shrunk by the time it hit the Bragmat).  On the last drift the BF hooked a monster that he swears was a Snapper, it peeled off the drag and unfortunately the hook pulled.  I have never heard so many choice words erupting from his mouth!  The F word continued every few minutes all the way home!  Lol.  All of you know this feeling I am sure.  
      For the first time offshore on C-Jay with no marks of our own I thought the trip was very successful - I feel another addiction coming on!

• By Kat
      So the story goes that Bananas on boats are bad luck - as I understand it, they are bad luck for both boating and fishing. 
      As this is a fishing forum I pose the question - are Bananas bad luck or good luck when fishing? - given the photo attached!
      My BF's mate Graham, and his mate David, were fishing off Cairns chasing Marlin.  They were not hooking up to anything and apparently there was a longstanding feud between Graham (who is against Bananas on boats) and David (who is not superstitious). 
      Graham complained to David that they were fishing and not catching and he had to get rid of the Banana!  David started eating the Banana and promptly landed this 40lb beauty!  They had to chase it down to prevent it being devoured by sharks.
      So are they good luck or bad luck 😺?

• Latest Topics

• Popular Contributors

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Newest Clubs

• Links

• Latest Videos