Suburbs Of Origin 21/22 Summer Slam - Competition Rules and Details

The Mad Hughesy

13 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

So much fun mate, Thanks again for organising it. 

It is a shame that team South will win again as I do like a competition and it would be fantastic if team north could level up the score...

the previous statement may or may not be true...

says the bloke making artificial reefs for his personal use haha

who's to say you aren't throwing a few oyster baskets in some secret spots that only you know....its a conspiracy!

• 5 weeks later...

I think it might be an idea next year to include a couple of more inclusive categories such as a general one for reef fish (other than the specific ones such as snapper). I’ve made it out twice since the competition began and have caught grassies (legal), Venus Tusk fish (one just barely legal and one a bit better) and 2 Red Emperor (nowhere near legal) but none qualify. Just an idea, so that a few of us poor unfortunates who don’t have secret spots or techniques can feel like we are participating. 

22 hours ago, christophagus said:

Now I’ve had a suggestion to extend the comp due to the crap weather…how does everyone feel about this? 
I won’t name names, but so the North is t accused of cheating, the suggestion came from a southsider! Haha

im think extend to the end of Jan…

Happy to have it extended. 

12 hours ago, Jono4500 said:

I'm all for an extension but only if Southside agree. There smashing us. 

I am on the Southside. I think this is more about a fun thing to get people out fishing and see their catches and have a bit of fun banter etc... so I'm fully in favour of letting the hapless northsiders cheat a bit and get the extension 🤣 Like the cricket, its a lot more fun if it is a close race.... (I don't really mean that about the cricket.. smash the poms) 

cricket GIF