Bribie to Moreton this week..

DaveD

Hi guys

New member here seeking advice from Moreton Bay regulars.  We will be up at Bribie Island this week and we were planning to take the boat across to Moreton (boat is a 6m Cruise Craft resort- bowrider).  The weather looks very average🤦🏾‍♂️ , but would like general advice /opinions on the weather conditions for traveling the bay as we plan to do more bay boating now with a larger boat.

Is 20kn+ South East with an outgoing tide still going to be rough coming from Bribie(Spinnaker) to Bulwer? And the same going back to bribie? 

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

Probably best to stay home. It will be pretty wild out there and whilst the wind and tide are loosely the same way, it will chop still up deluxe. http://www.bom.gov.au/qld/forecasts/moreton-bay.shtml

I thought this would be the case - but thought i get some confirmation on it. Was hoping Moreton would provide enough cover to sneak over, perhaps not..

Hi Dave, I literally jumped on here to ask the same question, (I'm a bit late but did you get out there?)  I'm new to the area Sea Ray 185 Bowrider looking to go exploring. Keen to get out also but this weather has other ideas.... Might just put her in and keep close to Bribie for the time being.