First Boat Recommendations - Runabout

BigRedFish

Hi all, 

Another one of these posts. Have been through but could not find any recommendations specific to a runabout. Looking at runabout for first boat as would be a good all rounder for fishing and family boating.

Have been looking for boats in the 20-30k mark. Thinking at least 4.5m (maybe even too small?) as would like to be able to take it out in Moreton Bay on decent days.

Am I on the right track or being completely unrealistic with what I'm asking for? Buying new seems out of the budget so used may be the go. Any recommendations for runabouts capable of running around the bay <30k would be appreciated. 

The market's a bit inflated with Covid forcing up 2nd hand prices as new stock is delayed.

I think you are in the ballpark with what you are seeking, although maybe go a bit longer.

In May 2020 I was able to pick up a 4.7m runabout with a 60hp 4 stroke for just over $20k. 2011 model with only 99 hours on the motor. Seats 5 and fishes 2 comfortably...3 at a pinch. I was looking for awhile but eventually found something.

I regularly fish Moreton Bay in her when the wind's 15knots or less, preferably 12 or less for comfort.

53 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Thanks mate. Appreciate the response. Fishabout are a good looking boat, not a big fan of the etec 2 stroke though.

Not in a rush so might keep an eye out.