Mud crabs - Brisbane

Sky

I'd hop on Google Earth and go from there. Generally speaking, the harder it is to get to, the better it will crab, but obviously it's then a trade-off as far as how much you're prepared to trek through mud, sandflies, spiders, etc .....  🙂. Good luck. Once you pick a spot, or spots, try to take note of patterns regarding rainfall, tide sizes, time of year to work out when they are likely to be in that area in numbers.

13 hours ago, Sky said:

I am looking for a good place to throw in a crab pot around Brisbane. We do not have a boat so a spot accessible by land would be great. I've considered Boggy Creek pinkenba or near Boondall wetlands.

Yep same advice as KM. pretty much everywhere has muddies. We used to get them off the rock wall near toowong. Not a special place or anything. 

Post up some pics of your trip 🙂

13 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Nice crabs there mate. We got a few over at straddie before the wind and rain made it a lot nicer to sit on the deck. Did he get them before the full moon? 

PS 4 sleeps till we get our Straddie house. Yay. 

We put them in last Sunday arvo then my brother and dad pulled the 6 crabs out on the Monday morning - the new moon was Monday night. 

Straddie house? Moving or holiday home? Intrigued ........ 🤔

5 hours ago, Ed. said:

Nice, you should be able to do some ballooning for sharks from the Amity point rock wall with those reels you are about to buy!😁 Commuting back and forth to the mainland might be a bit expensive though or do locals get a special rate?

There is a special rate but it doesn't make it that much better. The plan is to mostly use the fast barge. We have some mountain bikes and don't really need more than that. I will be yak fishing mostly and have a trolley that I hope to fit to the bike. 

Ballooning could be great fun. 🙂 It should be ok at the high and low water range and you normally get an easterly of some type in the afternoons. 🙂 I could also take the baits out on the yak.