Family Swimming & Fishing Spot

FadKing

3 hours ago, benno573 said:

hey mate,

anywhere along banksia beach or red beach at bribie would work, sylvan beach is ok too but can be very busy on weekends.

there is a heap of options on the northern end of the gold coast as well, paradise point down to runaway bay is well worth a look. also over on the southport spit, there are plenty of spots along the broadwater side of the spit.  all these GC spots can get pretty busy on weekends though.

Thanks mate

Tallebudgera creek has good options for family of all ages. This used to be our go to for family get togethers as it has a bit of everything.

• Calm water for young ones
  • Good for sups / kayaks
  • Bridge diving
  • Hike walk both sides of the creek
  • Short stroll to ocean side surf
  • Fishing options all along the creek (up and down stream)

Not sure where you live but Wynnum is an option - swimming is Ok and you can either fish off the jetty or the small rockwall to the left/north of the jetty. Wellington Point is also an option - patrolled beach with a playground. You can fish within sight of them. Raby Bay beaches are also good, there is a dog beach (off leash) plus a couple of beaches to the left/west of it for general swimming and you could fish at the end of the rocky groins between each of the beaches.

10 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Not sure where you live but Wynnum is an option - swimming is Ok and you can either fish off the jetty or the small rockwall to the left/north of the jetty. Wellington Point is also an option - patrolled beach with a playground. You can fish within sight of them. Raby Bay beaches are also good, there is a dog beach (off leash) plus a couple of beaches to the left/west of it for general swimming and you could fish at the end of the rocky groins between each of the beaches.

Yes I have been to wellington point and wynnum. Good recommendation. 

On 19/01/2022 at 11:05 AM, FadKing said:

Hey All,
Just wondering if there are any reasonable spots around Brissy or GC when the whole family can go for the day so that the little kids can swim and play in the sand but I can also cast a line for bream, whiting or flathead?

Basically everyone wins lol

Cheers

Brendan

Hey Brendan

I've been seeing some pretty good sessions on dart from beaches around the Gold Coast - then again, I can't imagine the surf fishing in general would be as good as the Sunny Coast, or one of the islands.

Cheers Hamish