Light lure rod recommendation preferably available at BCF

I have that rod. I use it for whiting fishing and it is fine for that.

However, I don't think I'd like to be playing a 60+ flattie on it as I think it would be too light. It is very light and a bit of a noodle. Having said that, it would be fine for throwing around bream lures and landing them.

3 hours ago, ellicat said:

I have that rod. I use it for whiting fishing and it is fine for that.

However, I don't think I'd like to be playing a 60+ flattie on it as I think it would be too light. It is very light and a bit of a noodle. Having said that, it would be fine for throwing around bream lures and landing them.

Hi Ellicat.

Yes reviews say that the rod tends to have a soft action and the tip is quite weak. I was planning on using it just as a second outfit that's a bit of a lighter option for bream, little flatties, etc as opposed to my 2-6kg Daiwa exceler. 

I'll probably get this rod once i save up a bit more money and have some time to go to my local BCF. 

Cheers - 

Charlie

27 minutes ago, Hweebe said:

In the under $100 price point and if you are into Daiwa, I would give the Daiwa Airds a look.

Better Graphite construction / Fuji Guides and more options for lure weights (there is a ultra light option for finesse fishing)

What cast weights will you be casting? Target fish?

Hey mate.

I have a friend who uses the AirdX combo a lot and it seems to perform well. 

I believe on the revros it does not have fuji guides so this may be a second option if i don't end up getting the revros. 

Cast weight would probably only be lures ranging from 4-12 grams. I'd use the revros or aird for little estuary sessions so target fish would be trevally, flatties, bream, cod, etc. 

Thanks for the advice 

- Charlie. 

On 22/01/2022 at 10:50 AM, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey Charlie

Personally, I would spend a little bit more money on a rod. I reckon an Abu Garcia Veritas is hard to go past. They range from about $120-$140.

Cheers Hamish

Hey Hamish

I've looked at those two and like them a lot I'll look into the vertitas too.  

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Are you fishing hard body lures or plastics? 

I don't do much bream fishing but plastics for redfin and yellow belly is my go to any day of the week fish, I use plastics and definitely find a stiff fast action rod the only way to go. 

The rod I use is actually called a power bream and was built to target them with plastics 

I've got a 9ft 3kg rod for casting right out for trout but it's soft and very slow on the action and it's useless for plastics but works fine with hard body lures, it absolutely launches a tassie devil way way out. 

I've used medium action spin rods for both and they do the job pretty reasonably with both. 

I'm actually picking up a new rod especially for finesse fishing plastics, it's 2kg, very stiff and will be fished as a 4lb outfit.