Hey from the Minden area, Wivenhoe regular

CaptainYeet

On 20/01/2022 at 2:36 PM, benno573 said:

welcome to the forum.

I have only ever managed catfish up that way - I hope you do much better than i have!  nice part of the world to live in though.

what sort of boat are you hoping to procure?

Thanks! 😊 I have caught tilapia and yellowbelly before, and my brothers caught a little bass but id love to catch an eel tailed tbh 👌 

Iv got a 4.2 forward control fibreglass boat on its way but it needs a bit of work, i honestly just want a tinny to go on the ute but i got this one for free in exchange for some welding work so its a 4-8 month project depending on some things

21 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Yep, welcome to the forum April, looking forward to hearing of your adventures out that way. I was only just reading in Bush n Beach mag about stocking of Mary River Cod in the Brisbane River, could get lucky and catch one of them 🙂.

That would be a wicked catch, catch and release only from what I remember? But i have heard they are pretty solid fighters 💪🏼

On 19/01/2022 at 9:22 PM, CaptainYeet said:

My name is April, i live around the Minden area so spend a bit of time fishing around Lowood, Wivenhoe dam and Twin bridges. I dont have a boat just yet but I am getting close lol so mostly landbased, I wouldnt mind getting to know some other locals and going fishing along the brisbane river and moreton bay with someone else who actually likes fishing! If anyones keen send a reply or message or however it works on here, looking forward to chatting with some likeminded people 🙂 cheers

Welcome to the forum April. I occasionally fish that area off the yak. I mainly fish from Jindalee downstream though. I am keen to get my first Brisbane River Bass! When we go on the kayak we normally launch from Twin Bridges, though I don't think it's got the best landbased fishing.

If you want garfish, you could try fishing around the Kholo area. They are good baits (especially for big catfish, which put up a good fight on great gear) and taste alright, apparently. 

Cheers Hamish