New member Riverina

dnardy

Hi All,

Male 36 here, looking to get back into fishing like I used to as a kid. I'm interested in fishing for natives in the Riverina and trout in the high country of VIC & NSW.

Chased some trout over Xmas and going for a trip to Nagambie soon after the natives.

Also going to start strapping a rod to my motorbikes to combine 2 of my hobbies.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Edited the Yellowbelly photo as it had my name in it.

Yeah thats my PB so far so was pretty happy. My mate ended up getting a 62cm on the troll. 

Learnt a bit, I dropped what I think was a good yellowbelly on too light gear. And was first trip for my mates electric motor, we ran it out of battery haha. All my new gear worked great though.

Hooked now, planning next trip.

• 3 months later...

Yeah it was so strange, just luck of the draw hey. I'm flat out catching them on bait in the best cod fisheries with my mates reeling them in next to me, but I snag this one off the surface in a 10m wide billabong in shallow water thats usually thick with carp. Buggered if I know, but its not far from home so I'll be hitting it more now especially next summer. And I really enjoy this skinny water fishing from the bank.

• 1 month later...