It's a small world

Jono4500

I was walking around Kangaroo Point cliffs area on Wednesday and the amount of debris still making its way downstream is significant. All sorts of stuff from logs to house doors to plastic cr@p. Saw quite a few fish belly up as well. It is going to take more than a few tides for all of that to work its way out of the system, so those beaches will cop it for a while yet. Be careful if you are boating- some pretty big logs just under the surface.

2 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

I was walking around Kangaroo Point cliffs area on Wednesday and the amount of debris still making its way downstream is significant. All sorts of stuff from logs to house doors to plastic cr@p. Saw quite a few fish belly up as well. It is going to take more than a few tides for all of that to work its way out of the system, so those beaches will cop it for a while yet. Be careful if you are boating- some pretty big logs just under the surface.

It's a shame about the dead fish. Did you get an ID on any?

Interestingly enough I have found a fair few catties jammed in the rails of jetties that got flooded. I assume they got trapped when the water receded. The water looked putrid too. I wonder how the fishing will go in the long term.