Mylesfisher

1 hour ago, Mylesfisher said:

Rock walls pretty open and some sand

Then you can get away with lighter line, I usually fished either a 1/8th or 1/4 jig head depending on the water depth and current. 

Windy conditions generally require a 1/4oz head if casting into the wind but it's best to go as light as possible. 

I'd definitely try a 1/8 to start with, and only go heavier if the conditions require it. 

If your fishing light and can get enough distance then even a 1/12th would be worth trying. Concealed weight heads are also brilliant for working the top and mid water columns or along grass beds. 

I find it's best to experiment with a few different combinations to find out what works best in your area. 

Once you start catching then you can hone in on the style that works for you and in your area. 

I haven't seen them so hard to say, but I usually use 2/0 for my 3" plastics, I like a good chunk of hook exposed so line some up see what size give a good bit of clearance. 

For a lot of mine however I like to run treble stringers to the back so it does not matter how short the hook is as it's usually there just to hold the plastic on for me. 

@Mylesfisher Here's and old webpage with all you need to know about the seaway. https://seawayfishing.info/ Charts might be outdated, but shouldn't have changed too much.

For info on how to use plastic's for snapper offshore see this video.  Similar principles will apply for other fish in the seaway, but you might need a larger jughead to get to the bottom because the current will likely run faster than outside.

I wouldn't ask either, go to a good tackel shop and ask their, they will know what's working in your area. 

If the tide is strong and it's 20m deep then you might need to jump up to at least a 1/4oz jig head. 

I use heavier then that with bigger plastics in fishing ponds let alone in deep current. 

But the hook size will really depend on the plastic, sizing them by eye is the best but you might even wsnt/need to go up to a #1 or #1/0 size with a 1/4oz jig head for that situation. 

24 minutes ago, Mylesfisher said:

Ok I asked thyme and they said 1/4 ounce what size hook should I use now My lures are Zman diesel minnows 4 inch Opening night 3 inch diesel minnows and 3.75inch streakz Do separately if you can

Perhaps could have asked them while there and then could have bought some so you're all ready to use them? Just a suggestion.