Soft plastic tip

Bob9863

46 minutes ago, Bob9863 said:

Here's a little tip I've been trying out on finicky fish. 

The lake is down and the shore fishing is slowing right down, the colder temperatures aren't helping either as it's making the redfin a bit lazy. 

When the fishing gets like that and you start getting a lot of tail nips and short strikes this is what I do. 

I slow the retrieve right down and use the shortest jig heads I've got, then you tie a treble as a trailer from the eye of the jig so you can put one hook in right at the base of the tail. 

That tends to pick you up fish that are nipping but not fully going after the plastic, especially when using curly tails. 

It also works if you have a damaged jig or just cut the hook part mostly off. 

I like to leave the hook on as it makes, sure the plastic stays on, but if the fish are really picky the cutting the hook and just using a treble trailer will get you more hook ups then the standard jig will. 

IMG_20220424_125512.jpg

Thanks I’ll have to use this tip on my local bream that are a bit shy with lures lately .more then likely cause of the recently flooding they only seem to be nipping the tails of my plastics. Thanks for the tip 😄