Do you have a broken/spare reels?

Hi friends, 

I want to learn how to service fishing reel and hopefully open a new page in my career...

So I am trying find some no longer needed reels to open up and service. Last time i unscrewed the bail of my reel and a spring poped out... that bail is no longer the same. that is  end of my first trying.

Do you have some reels to give away? If so please let me know and i can put them in good use.

I am living on the north side of Brisbane.

Thanks!

On 09/05/2022 at 7:50 PM, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi Sunny

It is pretty easy to find old or cheap reels on Marketplace or Gumtree - just look everyday and wait till a good deal comes up 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

Yeah that's a good idea I used to find cheap reels at local markets and used them for practice as well as older reels that were in bad condition. Doing that and doing a lot of research helped me a lot im pretty confident with reels now I have ruined a few cheap reels in the process but you learn from your mistakes. Awhile back I bought a used Stradic Ci4+FB and it had a few minor issues I opened up the whole reel greased the gears and oiled the bearings as well I removed sand and salt in the reel and replaced a worn bushing with a ball bearing. The reel was in great condition just had been misused a bit. I use that reel pretty regularly now and its great if I didn't service that reel it would be a different story so its a handy skill to have.

Some tips

when oiling or greasing reels make sure you use the right type of oils and greases certain reels mainly Daiwa and Shimano need certain type oils/grease and require a specific product to do so 

Take your time and try not force things 

when taking reels apart keep everything in order as you take it apart so its less confusing when you put it back together 

hope that helps 🙂

On 09/05/2022 at 6:48 PM, Sunny boy said:

Hi friends, 

I want to learn how to service fishing reel and hopefully open a new page in my career...

So I am trying find some no longer needed reels to open up and service. Last time i unscrewed the bail of my reel and a spring poped out... that bail is no longer the same. that is  end of my first trying.

Do you have some reels to give away? If so please let me know and i can put them in good use.

I am living on the north side of Brisbane.

Thanks!