Fishing gear on brisbane city cats

Thorbjorn Hale

1 hour ago, Thorbjorn Hale said:

Hi I was wondering if your are allowed to take things like rods and fishing carts onto the city cats because I can’t drive and there are lots of spots I want to try out that are near city cat terminals

thanks Thorbjörn 

Hi Thorbjorn

You 100% are, I do it regularly to come home after getting driven then walking to some of my spots. The only condition is that you need to put all sharp things away (i.e. hooks). 

I take a fishing cart and three or four rods with me and I've never had an issue, apart from some funny looks. 😕 

Cheers Hamish

Unfortunately not a lot of City Cats running since the floods, but hopefully back soon. Check the Council website for updates. @Junky, those beautiful old wooden boats that ran the free routes were retired a couple of years ago for safety reasons. They have been replaced by Kitty Kats, smaller versions of the City Cats. I asked one of the Skippers if he missed the old wooden boats and he said they were nice for people to look at, but the new ones have 600 hp to play with as well as lots of technology so no, he didn’t miss them. The City Hopper is the free service around the CBD operated by the Kitty Kats. 

@Thorbjorn Hale, not sure where you were thinking of going but I have seen a few good fish landed on the southern side of the Captain Cook bridge when I have been walking there. Easy walk from either Southbank City Cat terminal or the Maritime Museum Kitty Kat stop. 

https://translink.com.au/travel-with-us/using-public-transport

Refer to the section on large items.

Surfboards, golf bags and sporting equipment
You can take surfboards, golf bags and other large items on Translink services that are equipped to do so. You may be refused travel or directed to use off-peak services if you have items which may inconvenience other passengers or pose a safety hazard.

Basically if you are minding your own business and not inconveniencing / impeding other passengers you will be fine. 

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the suggestion @Hweebe. I wasn't originally in the market for a bag like this. I walk several times a week and always carried my full bag (Hoofer Lite). If I have to post my score every round to keep a proper handicap, I'm going to have all my golf clubs so that I have no excuses. BUT that has recently changed. At least twice a week I'm bringing my kids out to the course to focus on their games and/or I'm squeezing in a quick round and will mess around playing different shots and with different clubs. I searched alot and killarney-golf give me bilk of information about that. I do have a Jones Stripeshow carry bag and while that bag looks great and works fine, even the Stripeshow was a little too much. Enter the Loma. This bag is absolutely PERFECT for these types of rounds.