Asking for tips fishing Wynnum creek + personal experiences

riceoppa

Hi guys Rice here, just here to ask if anyone's had experience fishing Wynnum foreshore/Creek

Went for a flick there a few times with my mate on the Wynnum Creek breakwall during the outgoing tide, never had much luck; in fact we didn't catch anything yesterday even though it was purported to be an "excellent" day as well and there were plenty of bait fish around

Anyway, I'm hoping that the lack of fish is due to my inexperience and not because the creek is dead. The jetty can get quite busy so it's nice to have a close-by alternative  🙂 

9 hours ago, riceoppa said:

Hi guys Rice here, just here to ask if anyone's had experience fishing Wynnum foreshore/Creek

Went for a flick there a few times with my mate on the Wynnum Creek breakwall during the outgoing tide, never had much luck; in fact we didn't catch anything yesterday even though it was purported to be an "excellent" day as well and there were plenty of bait fish around

Anyway, I'm hoping that the lack of fish is due to my inexperience and not because the creek is dead. The jetty can get quite busy so it's nice to have a close-by alternative  🙂

ok, i know this is not as helpful as you would have liked but, on Sunday at my rugby game at Wynnum, (the fields are right on the water) it was low tide and when i ran on the mud flats to get the ball (not a good idea in rugby boots) i saw a few big flatty holes/outlines that looked promising, had to leave straight away so did not have a chance for a flick but would have loved to.

ill try and find a map of the area and post it.

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

There can be good diver whiting in the creek but generally it is pretty lousy as a fishing location. The foreshore however can be great. 

Plenty of Bream and Whiting cruse the banks at high tide. A bit of worm will entice a few bites. 

A bit further south, the other side of the wading pool, is a great spot for flicking small top water lures for bream and the occasional well travelled flathead. Start about 200 m from the wading pool and walk  south around the courner. 

At night at high tide many squid fishers don the headlamps and walk the foreshore and catch a good amount of squid. 

Also the rock wall at Manly is very popular and turn up trevally and the Tailor should be starting to turn up. 

Good luck

Thank you so much sir, yeah I think I've gotten the memo about the creek after visiting 5 times without a single hook up ahahaha

I'll probably be at Wynnum on Sunday, perhaps I'll visit the rock wall in Manly for once ...

• 5 months later...