How to Catch Yellowfin Whiting at Shorncliffe Pier.

Daryl McPhee

We thought we would give the tailor a little rest and change up our diet with some whiting fillets. Something I get asked a fair bit about how to catch fish at places like Shorncliffe Pier. Most anglers overcomplicate things. You just need to keep it simple. The video from yesterday highlights the three simple points you need to consistently catch yellowfin whiting at a place like Shorncliffe Pier. 

Thanks for sharing @Daryl McPhee interesting that you suggest heading to the shallow water before the hut and not head strait to deep water like most people tend to do there. 

That was some gun bait you collected. Would be cool if you did a video on the bait collection before the fishing with some tips and tricks as well 🙂 .

You will be getting the subscribers on the youtube in no time 🙂 

1 hour ago, Hweebe said:

Thanks for sharing @Daryl McPhee interesting that you suggest heading to the shallow water before the hut and not head strait to deep water like most people tend to do there. 

That was some gun bait you collected. Would be cool if you did a video on the bait collection before the fishing with some tips and tricks as well 🙂 .

You will be getting the subscribers on the youtube in no time 🙂 

Thanks mate. Yes. There is always a stampede to the end of the pier and lots of exciting tangles. I just prefer to fish where more fish are and where less people fish. It seems a simple equation! I might have to do something about bait collecting. Yabbies were more effective on that day than the bloodworms.