The fitoff begins.

Leeroy

4 hours ago, Hweebe said:

Looks the goods @leeroy1. Definitely would agree with you on going a second battery for electric. Do you have a mounting spot for the battery?

Did you use the screws that came with the heading sensor? Just got to make sure you don't cause magnetic interference with your own screws

Batteries are under the front deck. 1 x 150ah and 1 x 120ah AGM's. 

Yes the stainless screws? Yeah I just screwed straight into the Ali.

Is that an issue?

I skimmed over the instructions may have missed it.

9 hours ago, ellicat said:

Circuit breakers are the way to go imo. Not having to carry spare fuses and the ease of just resetting it are great pros.

Same thought although I never blew a fuse on the old one so maybe a waste of $50 but then as you said being able to reset it is good but need to think why is it tripping out?

11 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Same thought although I never blew a fuse on the old one so maybe a waste of $50 but then as you said being able to reset it is good but need to think why is it tripping out?

With the trolling motor being "non-essential" to get you back to the boat ramp, I'd save the coin and only replace with a circuit breaker if you blow a fuse. Risk is it may put a dampener on the trip if/when the fuse blows.

I'm the same haven't had any fuses blow in my boat (touch wood). I guess if you keep the boat clean and good condition shorts are less likely.

If the trolling battery won't be hooked up to the outboard alternator (for on the water charging) then its unlikely you would get a short unless the trolling motor wires get accidently cut somewhere or you hit something on the trolling prop and overload things

First run today no fish to brag about but was mucking around with the electric more than fishing. 

1st thoughts are the spot lock is much improved,quieter and quicker response to the first generation motor I had.

Still to go through all the functions but they are not too different. Tracks,heading etc.

On 20/08/2022 at 5:51 PM, Leeroy said:

First run today no fish to brag about but was mucking around with the electric more than fishing. 

1st thoughts are the spot lock is much improved,quieter and quicker response to the first generation motor I had.

Still to go through all the functions but they are not too different. Tracks,heading etc.

Looks great mate. Well done. A huge improvement. Good luck with the fish on the next trip. 🙂