Schultz Jack Attack on Sunday 16th Dec

Dan23

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what a loverly morning great dawn loverly and quiet id almost gone back to sleep sitting under the bridge flicking out a lure to any movement i saw around me on the glassy water it was very peacefull then this bunch of hoons showed up and caught a cod and followed it up with more fish apparntly they knew me kept calling me by my name but they were all catching fish i wasnt lol sounds like my life story but anyway this group of gang bangers from some mob called the afo crew walked for a couple of k down the river pulling a few fish out here and there i was intrigued as none seemed to have bait and were using lures just like me and yet stil catching fish i thought lures were for when you just want peace and quiet and no fish thats how they work for me. ooh well im sure that mob of fish catchers will have a couple of pics for you all later:)

ps pleasure to meet you for the first time today boon :cheer:

Dan23 wrote:

Christened my brand spanking new Towadi with a mid twenties bream. Hit really hard on the surface. I love top water fishing.:cheer: [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/towadi.jpg

this is the catch of the day. congrats on the topwater bream dan, my next goal is topwater bream on heavy gear.:laugh:

Thanks to all who came. Was a good little session and next time I reckon we'll catch even more fish.

Bummer about the power outage Lee. I was looking forward to meeting you mate.

Oh and Kev, that's Karma for not practicing catch and release :laugh:

P.s.

I knew that Cod was there but I let Kev have it:P

whatnow wrote:

congrats on all the fish great bream and cod

hopefully ill be able to get mum to take me there this week

mate I might sneak down there before work one or two morning this week. Like wednesday or thursday.

Give me a heads up if you're coming and I'll show you some spots if you like. There's a good few Kays of territory though so you might just want to walk and find your own. We had most of our success today closer to the bridges.

So who's keen to Hit Schultz again next week?

I'm free all weekend at the moment so I may hit it Saturday morning or Sunday morning.

Or both. :P

I also want to try Nudgee Creek on a run up to high tide. I think next weekend is the full moon so the bream should be even hungrier. The water is pretty clear at Nudgee Creek too compared to Schultz, so the fish might see the lures better.

Dan23 wrote:

I'm free all weekend at the moment so I may hit it Saturday morning or Sunday morning.

I also want to try Nudgee Creek on a run up to high tide. I think next weekend is the full moon so the bream should be even hungrier. The water is pretty clear at Nudgee Creek too compared to Schultz, so the fish might see the lures better.

I am up for it on saturday morning mate. Gotta catch my first lure fish...

Dan23 wrote:

Dan I am very keen for an early morning Sunday session. cant make it saturdays due to cricket commitments

Lee

Ok, we'll all see what we're doing on the weekend and organise something on Thursday or Friday. I'll probably post a going fishing thread then.

Maybe it'd be fun to have a friendly comp. No prizes just bragging rights for biggest bream or something.

I'm keen for Schultz in the mornings sleep during the day and Nudgee Creek in the arvos lol!

I nearly lost my Sx40 to that 30 odd cm cattie when it came back at me and wrapped me round the tree. I don't know how I got it to swim back the other way. Lucky. You really need a bit of extra rod length at Schultz to be able to keep your line away from all the trees.

1 week and I have my Raider :laugh:

So are we going to have a mini Bream tournament??

Archived