Rack Raider.....

Dazzamcgee

Well I picked up a Shimano Rack raider rod 3-5kg class yesterday and was as keen as mustard to get out for a throw.

Headed well upstream of a well known river armed with a handfull of lures and a pocketfull of hope...

Started out tossing around a few different coloured lipless crankbaits with a few touch ups here and there.

Wasn't long before I was on to a nice little salty bass. Popped the lure back in the same spot and was rewarded again with another small bass. Things went quiet for awhile before changing lures this time tying on a gold B52. First cast after letting the lure rest on the surface for abit the lure was nailed BIG TIME !! Line smoked from the reel and the fight took forever before I got to see what had done the damage. To my suprise in comes a 4ft Bull shark with a B52 hanging out of its mouth..WOOHOO... Thats a first time for me a lure caught shark!

Tried to land it but with no luck as I lifted the shark (heavy bugger) from the water it spat the lure and fell back into the water, saved me from having to get the trebles out of its toothy gobb.

Great day out overall and a great way to break in a new rod..:) [img size=255]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/small-cce889284c9559d4a76f9be23d7157f5.jpg

post-633-14459843621_thumb.jpg

Dinodadog wrote:

Well done dazza how salty was the water where the bass came from

Dino

Dinodadog without actually tasting the water I would say I was fishing the upper brackish region. The area had a small freshwater creek feeding into the main body of water. The bass were takin within a couple of metres of the creek mouth(freshwater) and as for the shark it snaffled the lure from abit wider.

I didn't do any special type of tweak to hook the Bully it just climbed all over the lure. Must have been feeding..:dry:

Archived