shark bait

jpw_66

jpw_66 wrote:

what do u guys recon is the best bait for catching any types of sharks in the brizzy river?

Anyway:dry:, Mullet is probably the best as it stays alive for a long time. Bony Bream are also very popular. And a self respecting Shark won't be able to resist a live Pike or Winter Whiting. Failing all that, a small live Catfish will catch a few as well

Obone wrote

Yeh mullet seems to be the bait of choice for sure if you're going for dead bait. I don't know to much about live baiting them.

Joel

Try either one hook just behind the head or 1 hook behind the 2nd Dorsal fin group (or in a 2 hook rig, put them in both those places). Just make sure your hooks don't go deeper than the lateral line of the fish as this will kill them very quickly.

I deleted your post and modified another because I thought you went over the top Troy.

I left Dazza's original post for two reasons. 1. Angus had posted after it, so I assumed he thought it was ok. 2. Personally I believe it was meant to be \"tongue in cheek\" yours were rather insulting.

The way I judged them - I believe yours would have copped you a smack in the mouth in a pub, Dazza's a grin and maybe a slap on the back. If you felt insulted you should have pm'ed him and told him how you felt, and asked him to withdraw it, not raise the bar in the insult war.

Archived