GC Game Fishing 29/12

Brian D

Fellow fishers it's on and the timing couldn't be better, the marlin are going nuts at the moment.

It's my birthday Saturday 29/12 and Savage has offered to take us outside Game fishing if we can make up the numbers. We would be looking for another 3 or 4 guys to join us.

So who's available to catch some marlin and wahoo Sat 29/12 at a cost of $100 a head? You don't need gear, just fuel money and some big guns to hang on to the beasts.

BTW the $100 is purely fuel money - this is not a charter, just a bunch of blokes catching bill fish.

BTW2 As it's my birthday the 1st fish is mine:P (kidding, Mike has a rotation system going.) But I bags the 1st change in the captains chair.:cheer:

Any takers?

Terry I meant sterring the ship, hopefully Mike wont want to hog the wheel for all 12 hours.;)

Mike there have been a few PM too so I'll sort it out.

Is there anyone else keen for a trip either this weekend or another? Don't be shy, put your name dwn so I can sort out the groups.

Whatnow,

I cant say were we will be going until the morning of the trip,

I get up around 1:30 and study the days sea surface temp charts and this dictates were to head for the day.

Three weeks back we were out on the shelf were we hooked a lost a big blue, over the last couple of weeks the warm water is moving closer as it always does this time of year.

Guys thanks for the response but due to numbers we will need to take 2 trips (Please Savage). The date of the 2nd trip is yet to be determined but here is what I can sort out so far

1st Trip

Terry H (Shark Man)

Nasty (Michael)

Faulked (Jayson)

Username taken

Shortie (Shortie)

Next trip

Brian D (Chilly)

Ryno Ryan

Vipeon82

Loz (Maybe)

Glenda (Maybe)

Kaz (Maybe)

Why I delayed putting up the list is that I didn't want to offend anyone because I knew somwone would have to miss out. Please don't be too pissed at me, it is by no means a refleion on you as I considered lots of stuff. Terry I understand your commitments with your cricket duties so I stuck you on the day that you can come. I figured the others are flexible. Sorry to those that I had to delay.:S

Note: this is not a one off thing - Savage is a serious mad keen fisherman so to all who read the thread put you name down if you are interested and I'll work on the roster.

I bet you will be jumping in when we post some Marlin and Wahoo shots.:)

Mike is leaving options open at this stage. By this I mean firstly it will depend on the conditions and water temp on the day, which we will only know closer to the day.

The skipper has asked if what we would prefer and my answer is this. I would like a go at the bottom early just to get a fish in the boat, then we take to trolling for bill fish. But my knowledge is limited so someone with more knowledge may know better.

As to food - I would say as a token of appreciation we cater for the skipper in the way of some BBQ chicken and rolls (or a like), we bring some soft drinks in an esky with ice. As the drink disappears the fish can take the room.;)

As to gear - I think the skipper has all the trolling gear but Terry might want to test out his new reel that he won;). For the bottom gear I will bring my own. Whatever we do keep your stuff to a minium so we don't sink the boat or over crowd the cabin. Bait should be our shout as the point of the exercise (other then to catch fish) is to cover the running costs.

Shortie has been before so he may know better, Nasty knows what's what too so I wreaken he's got some input and Savage owns the boat so whatever he says goes.:laugh: So Jayson you and me do what we are told. :S

Remember this guys - we are just covering costs, this is not a profit making adventure.

Brian D wrote:

Guys thanks for the response but due to numbers we will need to take 2 trips (Please Savage). The date of the 2nd trip is yet to be determined but here is what I can sort out so far

1st Trip

Terry H (Shark Man)

Nasty (Michael)

Faulked (Jayson)

Username taken

Brian D (Chilly)

Next trip

Richard (Shortie)

Ryno Ryan

Vipeon82

Loz (Maybe)

Glenda (Maybe)

Kaz (Maybe)

Why I delayed putting up the list is that I didn't want to offend anyone because I knew somwone would have to miss out. Please don't be too pissed at me, it is by no means a refleion on you as I considered lots of stuff. Terry I understand your commitments with your cricket duties so I stuck you on the day that you can come. I figured the others are flexible. Sorry to those that I had to delay.:S

Note: this is not a one off thing - Savage is a serious mad keen fisherman so to all who read the thread put you name down if you are interested and I'll work on the roster.

I bet you will be jumping in when we post some Marlin and Wahoo shots.:)

Updated list. Any more takers for a marlin or 2?

faulked wrote:

do we bring ice or bait or bottom bashing rods or 9/0 penns with trolling lures or just our bums and tucker

Guys, I have had a great chat with the skipper about the trip he offers. He some some stuff that makes very good sence. I look forward to learning from you Savage, cheers.

We need to make up our minds if we are Game fishing or not. Have you every tried chasing two rabbits at the same time? Both rabbits go in different directions and you end up with nothing. The bottom bashing will take 2nd place if at all. We will not be stuffing around with bottom bashing at the cost of getting to the warmer water at the right time.

If you want a guarantee about fish, stay at home and catch a whiting or tilipia. We are after big fish and there's no guarantees when chasing these fellows.

All the outfits and rigs are preset, hooks sharpened, drags set, and in the zone. So in my view, this will be a treat as we don't have to bring anything. The skipper has a rotation system in place on the boat so basicly we do what the skipper says, but I get to drive the boat! :)

be prepared to spend a lot of time staring at the pattern guys...

as good as it is to fight a big fish ,it can be very very boring if no fish around....but when it happens its unreal.... thats what keeps me going back for more, the strike and chew are where its at imo, to see abig fish materialize out of nowhere and come up behind a lure or bait, and swipe it is something you never get sick of believe me, to see the bill stick out of the water and shake around behind the bait is amazing. last year we had one hang around the pattern for 20 mins , nothing we did would entice it to strike the bait, we were trolling with 2 skipbaits and 1 teaser on the shotgun, and this thing just hung and wouldnt strike, so we rigged a livey ready to pitch at it and pulled the 2 baits in and focused its attention on the teaser, we would drop it back then pull it in close drop it back again over and over, when it did have a go we pulled the teaser out of its way and got it in to within 5 mts of the transom then pitched the livey at it, it fell for it and smashed the bait right in front of us, tore 200 mts in no time flat,we just laughed and laughed...its stuff like this that keeps you interested....have a great day on saturday and happy birthday brian.. hope you get a good present ....

My mobile while I remember it 0422 957 522.

Faulked - mate not sure yet, that will depend on the weather on the day. But here's a thought, do you want to crash at my place on the Friday night or travel down early Sat morning? I think Skipper likes to leave at 3.00am so we'll have to leave my place at say 2a It's about a 40 min run from my place.

Archived