Bellingen/Coffs Harbour Bass fishing

Death Ray

Hi All,

The family is making a short trip south of Coffs for Xmas. Last year I caught a small Bass near Bellingen (south west of Coffs). I am keen to have another try at fresh water fishing this year. Does anyone know of any good spots within 1 1/2 hours of Coffs to try for some Bass. I should mention we are fishing shore based at present (ugh....).

All help most appreciated and a merry Xmas to everyone.

Andrew

Check google earth for any likely spots I reckon. That's how we found a bass spot near brunswick heads.

Coffs has some awesome big game action offshore. If you're going to be there I'd urge you to go on a charter if it's in the budget.

Remember theres a massive tackle store there too. I can't remember what it's called but it's the one that Motackle.com is based out of. Plus if you order stuff on Motackle they let you pick it up in store and waive the postage. Pretty sweet.

good luck.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

Yeah the tackle shop is huge, but they don't know shit about freshwater in the area. Which is a shame as the shop itself is great.

I have googled earth also. Thanks for that. There is a great dam north of Coffs (Karangi dam,I think), but its off limits to fishing.

Have a good night

Andrew

Archived