Brissy river... Pb bullie (nothing huge)

pinkey

Hey all

Went down to the river neer my house this arvo with flathead and one of his friends.

we got down there to find some kids in our best spot :angry:.. we didnt have much room so but the tide was realy high so we decided to try for a bream as we havnt caught one from the spot in ageeees. Put some bread on and flicked it out.. not long later, my first fish on bread :D a 27cm bream put up a pretty good fight. After that a couple of little catfish and then the other kids left. Used half a pilchard on my shark rod, not long later it got taken by the usual 55 odd cm catfish. It didnt eat the whole peice of bait so i put the mangeld pilly head back on and launched it out.. A while later something had grabbed it and was running. It was swimming with the strong current and was swimming towards the bank neer some mangroves, i couldnt stop it and my line got caught in the trees.. After i while i brought the shark into view but it was stuck in the mangroves and my line was a mess in the branches. With the help of callum and adrian we managed to free it from the mangroves and land it we got soaked and muddy because it was high tide :P . It was worth it though because its now my 6th shark and my pb at 87cm nothing huge but i will get some nice fillets off it from our efforts.

sorry no pics as my camera still aint working

Thanks

Tim M

Archived