Deepwater Bend 27-12-07

Lozzel

Picked up Kev on the way thru and got to the ramp about 6.30am (low tide). Headed upriver towards the bridges casting for livies wich were a no show anywhere.Sounded arround the deep holes and the wrecks nothing showing there , so headed into the Sth Pine River where we found a small creek. I casted the net (to no avail) and Kev had a cast with his lure and was onto a nice little fish.Came up a 30cm cattie. Tried a few other spots in the aera, but went back to the little creek where Keve got onto a nice little Flattie (49.5cm) and I droped the biggest mother I have seen in years (aprox 1mtr). We then hit up the Barges on the way back and ended up with 3 bream and we both got Bricked a few times.Pulled out at 12.30.All in all we had a good morning, the wind & rain & mozzies were a bit annoying at times. But thats Fishing and we both got a feed.

Sorry no pics battery went flat, and I didnt want to get it wet with the Rain.

Yea Loz, mozzies are a pain, but they tend to live where the fish do!

Good to hear that there are a few flatties around (and at least one BIG one:silly: ).

Any guess what bricked you, some unstoppables in there that I want to meet with heavier gear soon:woohoo:

Perhaps the TLD would have gone OK:P

Rocket

CrayfishMates wrote:

We are planin to head up there on saturday. Doesnt sound too promising...

Cray, This was the first time I'd been there and it was more exploring for me.

When we were pulling out , this young bloke on the pontoon next to the ramp landed a good Flattie.

Brian D wrote:

Good one Lozz, but what you mean dropped a big mother, only a metre, that's a baby you must be from up north.:S

If things panout next year ,I'll be back up there. Only an hour from \"Awoonga\" so we'll (Glenda&I) just have to settle for mtr+ barra :P :kiss:

Yeah, ive always done okay with cod and flatties up there. We usually go all the way up, past the farms till you hit some houses. Great cod country! I know a few guys who consistantly catch good jacks there too. They also come back with some\"I got smoked by a massive jack!\" stories too. I'll be heading there in a few weeks. [img size=268]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/pine.JPG

post-81-144598437335_thumb.jpg

Well done Loz and Kev and as someone said it's worth exploring a little further up. If you have a sounder keep an eye on it and you can go up as far as the Lawnton bridge. There is a lot of good structure along the way. One day up near the paper mill I caught about 8 species in one session.

Dino

Archived