Pin Trip - Sun 6th Jan 2008

bootyinblue

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian D wrote:

Feral now there's an idea. Will grunter stay alive.

ive got 1 in my live tank now !

its been there since wednesday nite from the coast canals and he is still too hard to catch! so doing well i thaught after 2 days!

i dont even have any flow in the tank! it is a sure catch fold down type with only a battery pump!

and Crayfish if ya wanna follow me and anchor up near the kalinga hole if its not to rough? i dont mind at all mate! would love to meet you!

im launching from roody maars at 4 am !

Ian

Ian, you headin out Sunday morning?

webbfunk wanted to get some experience on a boat so he may be coming along with me, might let him Skipper.

Dont know where roody maar ir the kalinga hole is but I will be in for an early launch before the wind picks up for sure. Be a good trip, if blue brings a bbq thing I will bring a few snags lol.

Got a fair few bags of barramundi pellet feed here that is out of date for use in my tanks and makes for good (expensive) burley. I can bring a few for the crew if they want.

yeah mate sunday morning it is

rudy maars is just down a bit from cabbage tree boat ramp on cabbage tree point road at cabbage tree point:P :laugh: next to horizon shores marina! it costs $10 to use the ramp and car park but it is worth it i think for bigger boats like ours;)

i will be keen to try your super bearly aswell!:P

see you there mate!

Ian

webbfunk wrote:

I'll be coming if you're going Crayfish ( as long as thats cool with you).

Yeah mate no problems. Let me know how you want to hook up. I will be heading out down the logan to the M1 and more than likely launch from jacobs.

Can you use a cast net lol I cant. Have one but be buggered if I have ever figured it out lol

i can show you guys two diff ways to use a cast net!

im only a beginner myself but i can usualy get it to spread ok!

i will have mine with me and will be netting at the ramp in the morning and during the day if my supplys get low!

i will also have my mobile 0409271036 but no vhf!

Ian

Sounds good Ian I will meet you down at that boat ramp you are heading to. Mob 0423 824 540 If ya ring and get the message bank thing, I dont say you can leave a message but you can after the tone lol there is good reason for that lol you will see if you ring it.

Going to head down to the creek tomorrow to have more of a crack at the cast netting thing. With any luck I may be stocked up.

im still going! but i will be at the ramp at 6am instead of 4 now!:(

my mates all piked out on me so its me and the misses and my boy tomorrow! hence the later start!;)

dont worrie about the debris shortie! i think it should be ok were we are going?;) if not i know a few other spots round there! so give old mate kevinchen a call and letts do it?B)

other than a late shower or storm the weather looks great!

ive got a mate out testing the area tonite for us and he will report in the morn when i meet with him to grab his bbq!

see you in the morning guys!

Ian.

I have to agree with Shortie there. I spoke to the local copper who did a quick river and ramp reconaisance mission for me and I am out.

His words 'you might as well cast into your mug of hot chocolate, cause its the same colour'

Shame as would have enjoyed a fish tomorrow, but will organise another time in near future.

Good luck to guys still going.

if there is anyone else who would like to meet up with us you are more then welcome!

if ya dont mind getting your boat dirty:P :laugh:

the water should be fine at the bar and if anything there will be a channel of dirty water running through on the run out! i usualy fish the outskirts or the dirty runnoff from swan bay anyway so the dirty water suits me well!:woohoo:

Ian

cummon mate ive got insurance dont you?

dont let a few little logs stop a good days fishing!

j/k

all good mate i will catch up next time!

i seem to be starting a trend here comming allong on other peoples trips and then being the only one left going?:dry:

hmm?:blush:

j/k :P :laugh:

Ian

rumrunner wrote:

cheers for that booty!

i will post a full report on how we did either tomorrow or monday!

all the more fish for me!:woohoo:

Ian

More for you? You must be fishing a long way from me mate lmao.

I have a bucket of burly on board for you Ian. If they cant see the bait they will certainly taste it.

CrayfishMates wrote:

Have to catch up with boots and shortie on the next trip. Camera charged for photo evidence. I doubt lures will be doing much.

im going to try a few i picked up today from tackle world!

and i also have the cam charged!

i will call ya at about 6 am Paul!

thanks for the report master sardines!

i thaught it would still be ok out there!;) (not too late too change your minds guys!:P )

very nice flattie there:ohmy: the little fella done awsome!

cheers Ian

OH the cam huh. That should be interesting. You may have to stay on the Bulldog so you can film mate, no time for you to be fishing lolol. I should have half the catch by 0600 Ian lol Thought about just heading out tonight and have a camp on the boat but I am not sure Jordan would be up for it.

Bloody nice lizard Sardines! Thats will get boots droolin.

Archived