Best Leader Knot For Light Braid

Dan23

So I lost a pretty nice est 45-50cm Tarpon (PC Solution Man can back that up) today because of my recent troubles with leader knots.

Just wondering what knots people use and how secure they are as well as how small. I've never had this problem in the past but with the 6lb TD sensor braid I'm using, I'm finding it very hard to get the knots to not slip.

I usually use a knot which name I'm not sure of but I make a loop with the leader, feed the braid through, wind around the leader 15 times then back through the loop.

Also tried Lee's double uni knot but that slipped too (was my first attempt so was likely due to me not tying it properly).

Anyway, I've got some work to do to find a nice knot that is reliable but still thin enough to go through the guides on my raider.

Cheers

Dan

Dan23 wrote:

So I lost a pretty nice est 45-50cm Tarpon (PC Solution Man can back that up) today because of my recent troubles with leader knots.

Just wondering what knots people use and how secure they are as well as how small. I've never had this problem in the past but with the 6lb TD sensor braid I'm using, I'm finding it very hard to get the knots to not slip.

I usually use a knot which name I'm not sure of but I make a loop with the leader, feed the braid through, wind around the leader 15 times then back through the loop.

Also tried Lee's double uni knot but that slipped too (was my first attempt so was likely due to me not tying it properly).

Anyway, I've got some work to do to find a nice knot that is reliable but still thin enough to go through the guides on my raider.

Cheers

Dan

the knot you atre using is an albright great for mono no good for braid try using the improved albright special

put the line through the loop wind up an even number of turns(10, 12, 14)then turn around and wind back down an odd number, one less than you wound up.

make shure the tag end goes through the oposite side of the loop that it came through to start with

lubricate pull tight and snug down with fingers while pulling on tag end and main line

never had one let go, cause if you get it wrong they fall apart when you are pulling them tight

jeff f wrote:

Dan23 wrote:

Cheers

Dan

the knot you atre using is an albright great for mono no good for braid try using the improved albright special

put the line through the loop wind up an even number of turns(10, 12, 14)then turn around and wind back down an odd number, one less than you wound up.

make shure the tag end goes through the oposite side of the loop that it came through to start with

lubricate pull tight and snug down with fingers while pulling on tag end and main line

never had one let go, cause if you get it wrong they fall apart when you are pulling them tight

this is what i use its great:)

Archived