Hey Hey Everyone

Mozza

Hey everyone

I finally took the time to stop and register to AFO YAY. As im only new i think its best that i show you all my most recent fishing achievments.

Just this week myself and my two mates Mack Attack and Cowfish travelled to Macantire Falls to target Murry Cod and Yellow belly. Although the fishing was kind of slow, by the end of the 4 days of fishing we had caught 3 Murry Cod, 2 of which exceeded 45cm, and 2 Yellow belly, both of which measured in at around 48cm. Here are some pictures of the Cod i caught. [img size=320]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/COD.jpg

Has the new limit for cod in NSW come in yet, last I heard they were going to gradually bring it up to meet Queenslands (60cm) over a couple of seasons. My son Alex caught a cod at 58cm, and it went over 9lb, they are a heavy fish for their length!

Nice fish by the way!

chubbstar wrote:

Yeah welcome mate, Good way to say G'day by posting a fishing report:) Very nice looking fish you've got there;).

Did you guys catch them all on lures?:huh:

Well Done:woohoo:

Jayson

Have a look at the Severn River Camping Trip thread. Full details there.

All the fish we caught were on lures. We did buy some worms and trap some shrimp, but we heard that no one at the camp site was catching fish on bait (except for one Dewfish) so we stuck to lures.

Nah i haven't lost any sx 40's lately Dan ;) but yeah lures are definately the way to go. Even if the fish you hook up to on lures isnt that big it is still greatwhen the fish hits your lure and you are able to fight it and land it (unlike the fish i hooked up to last time i was at Shultz ;) )

Archived