newstead park

jpw_66

The pontoon is good for Catties and stingrays if you just want to feel some weight on the end of your line. Every now and then someone gets lucky and picks up a thready there too. I've also seen people get decent bream and even 1 or 2 squire.

But technically it's no fishing there (on the pontoon). No one seems to mind though if you don't make a mess but I guess there's always the chance of a fine.

I've heard that people occasionally get bream on lures around the ICB bridge there too.

Be careful if you cast out right out at the mouth. It is really snaggy there.

I have only fished there 3-4 times but a lot of members go there regularly.

Me and jimmybob were there friday night. Awseome weather!:huh: Got soaked! Anyway, got a large stingray and heaps of small bream. Also caught cod off there. Trick is to throw your big line out from the pontton into the river, and flick some lures behind the pontoon towards the rocks. Loads of stuff to entertain yourself with!

Ash wrote:

Me and jimmybob were there friday night. Awseome weather!:huh: Got soaked! Anyway, got a large stingray and heaps of small bream. Also caught cod off there. Trick is to throw your big line out from the pontton into the river, and flick some lures behind the pontoon towards the rocks. Loads of stuff to entertain yourself with!

Man, I've flicked lures around those rocks behind the pontoon heaps of times without a touch. What lures did you use?

Dan23 wrote:

Ash wrote:

Man, I've flicked lures around those rocks behind the pontoon heaps of times without a touch. What lures did you use?

not ur BIG JACK LURES or barra size plastics ok?:P

Archived