Hinze Dam Western Arm 11/1/08

rayke1938

Had an interesting day.

First item of interest is the ramp. It is full of debris and after launching boat tried to reverse out and boat wouldnt move as the debris is too thick and motor nor powerful enough. Debris consists of grass, small sticks and big logs. We had to pole the boat about 30 ft so we could turn it around and then power through the debris.

Dont even think of going upstream as lake is completely choked with debris.

Wended our way down through the debris to first creek ( It is completely choked also)and I started throwimg some lures and spinner baits at the edges whilst John and Graham were using shrimp.

Had problems with the lures as they were picking up small bits of debros immediatly.

We then moved dowstream to a couple of bays that were debris free.

John and Graham ended up with a dozen bass and I got one on a jackall and 3 on a red and black chatterbait. Id I would have had a stinger hook on the chatterbait I may have landed at least another 6. They were hitting it all the time and failing to hook up or throwing the hook during the fight.

Ot drizzled most of the morning but dead calm for most of the time. At one stage during a heavy shower the wind sprung up to around 10kph but it blew most of the debris to the other side.

We knocked off around 11.30 after a good day.

There was no surface action at all and I threw various stick baits and poppers from 5am till 6.30.

Hopefully the toga will return when the debris clears a bit.

The parking there is a bit limited also.

Cheers

Ray.

First photo is the ramp. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010863_AFO-ed5e37dfba1c0e0190b72678508aaa62.jpg

post-230-144598439068_thumb.jpg

Bloody hell, you did well to get it off the trailer!

Is that your "new" dam boat that you have been working on recently?

If so, how did it and the trailer go?

I'm trying to pick which ramp you were at, but with soo much H2O it all looks so different.

It's not the ramp at the water tower is it? Is it the one we used on the second day of the Winter Camp...or another one entirely?

Rocket

It is the same ramp we used at the winter camp but the ramp that we used is under 15 feet of water. We launched off the road that leads down to the ramp.

Yes that is my new dam boat still have a bit to do to it yet.

The most important job will be done tomorrow as my new AFO stickers arrived today in the mail.

Yesterday was a bit of a sad day as my old boat with all its memories has gone to its new owner. The only good thing is that its another AFO member and a good bloke as well.So I hope to see it around still.

Cheers

Ray

Archived