Where are the fish?

Burko

Have just spent the last 4 days fishing various area with no success. Spent last Tuesday up at bribie tried around whitepatch at high tide for nothing. then hit the Eastern beach towards low for a couple of just legal whiting. Then back under the bridge on dark for more little whiting. Wed was spent lazing around coochin cr for a handful of small bream. Got annoyed so took the fourby up into the glasshouse area (fun). Thurs was pine river day Nuthin. that was when i discovered holes in my cast net.D'OH. Friday was NPD day. 4 days 2 edible fish. was using both live bait worms yabbies etc and lures. all from the bank. Am going to have to get my boat going again.

just got back

there was a few people fishing there and there is only a few spots you can get to the creek when the water is so high. I fished near the mouth just as the boardwalk first gets to the creek ( i think, I came from the creek end not the bay end) Anyway there was a nice little beach with a big snag right in front to the left and right there was a bit of a drop off. fished for a bit over an hour for three bust off's and two other touches. Was using a couple of different softies (colours, styles and brands.). Also lost a few sp to the snag gods. If you are there at low this arvo you will see a tree that looks like a christmas tree with softies as decorations.

Just to the left of me 2 guy's were catching quite a few stingrays with a couple of them unstoppable.

There was a heap of small mullet swimming around my snag i might have to go back late arvo or early morn high.

nudgee creek is a hard nut to crack. I reckon all the bream only feed on the high tide up on the mangrove flats so when they are forced back into the main creek at low tide they aren't interested in feeding. At high tide I've hooked a massive flattie by casting accros that deep channel at the mouth onto the flats. Unfortunately I pulled the hooks but it was really big.

Only decent fish I've landed there were some estuary cod mainly on ecogear sx lures.

Decky wrote:

sounds like a nightmare really.

My advice sell the missus car and get that boat goin.

Boat goes it is only new(4.2 Brooker with 40 suzy 2 stroke) just needs some personal touches to make it fishy also weather has been too iffy lately. Had it hooked up on thurs night for a friday launch only to have the heavens open up in a big way. Changed plans and it turned out not too bad. :S

Oh and the missus has a new petrol prado I think she would kill me!

Archived