starvin_marvin

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Jason I live in Boronia Heights on the southside. I love fishing which is why I have joined his forum obvisiously. I am soon to be a Systems Administrator so I guess you would say my other love is technology, can't get enough of it acually. Fishing is a good way to get away from the fast paced world of Information Technology which can be very frustrating, antisocial, hard to keep pace with at times and nothing is better than getting out on the water just beofre dawn and watching the sun come up.

I target mostly flathead, whiting, bream and anything I can get to bite in the bay. However as you can probably tell by my sign in name it's no often I actually catch fish, in fact I think in the last 3 years I could proably count the amount of fish I have caught on one hand with several fingers missing. I guess most would say I am a dangler not an angler but anyway the dream of coming home with fish regularly continues. I have a 4.5m Nova Craft halfcab I have just purchased after 3 years of a 4.2m tinnie, which I have been doing somw work to nd just about to get on the water.

Anyway this is turning into a long winded and boring story. I love a chat so feel free to message me and if there is something about me you are dying to now then feel free to ask.

Good fishing to you all and I look forward to hopefully meeting some new fishing friends.

Thanks cowfish yeah got the name from southpark, whilst not a huge fan ( I prefer The Simpsons myself) I thought the name was well suited as if i had to rely on what I caught to live like they did oh so long ago I would be probably not last long. :laugh: but you never know I might be able to get some helpful hints here and get lucky. I am not bagging anyone or anything out with this comment and I hope it doesn't come back to haunt me as I know there are a few members here of another forum but I have been pretty disappointed with the advice from other forums as it seems to be a little generic and not very helpful at all. I'm not into ripping off anyone's secret techniques or secret spots just some help in learning how to find fish.

Welcome mate. The number of fish on my tally since being part of this site has increased dramatically, in both fresh and salt. Click the link in my footer and you will see some of the upcoming events.

Once again welcome aboard and hope to see you out there!

Angus

Thanks Angus,

this certainly is a friendly forum pretty overwhelmed by the response actually. Havn't had much experience with forums other than hardcore geek tech sites and man those people really add a new definition to he term antisocial :laugh: Again thanks for the warm welcome and that oes out to all. great to be a member. I regisered for the flathead hunt and pending a look at the calender hopefully will be registering for the winter weekend being it is the day after my birthday that should a great weekend.

Angus wrote:

Welcome mate. The number of fish on my tally since being part of this site has increased dramatically, in both fresh and salt. Click the link in my footer and you will see some of the upcoming events.

Once again welcome aboard and hope to see you out there!

Angus

My fish tally has actually decreased since joining the site:P

welcome mate there's a great bunch of guys on here and im sure u will learn alot, i know i have in the past 12 months

starvin_marvin wrote:

Thanks Angus,

this certainly is a friendly forum pretty overwhelmed by the response actually. Havn't had much experience with forums other than hardcore geek tech sites and man those people really add a new definition to he term antisocial :laugh: Again thanks for the warm welcome and that oes out to all. great to be a member. I regisered for the flathead hunt and pending a look at the calender hopefully will be registering for the winter weekend being it is the day after my birthday that should a great weekend.

Good call mate. The winter camp is a lot of fun. Here is the report from last years to give you an idea.

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=237&func=view&id=30780&catid=14&limit=20&limitstart=0

Cheers.

Angus

STU wrote:

A good way to learn is aslo by reading some of the older reports in the type of fishing your interested in.

Hi there Starvin, very refreshing to hear that not all fishermen tell lies about their catches. :laugh: Another good way to learn local techniques is to tag along and meet up with us on event day and social days.

Another tip - follow Stu and Plaso around!:woohoo:

Archived