attractors??

tdawg

hey, i usualy try to fit in a fish every weekends if i can, mostly i go in the river and creeks flowing into. As everybody knows it's really murky and you can only see things about 30-40cm away in some spots. do you guys use like using colourful beads and stuff to help draw fish to the bait, or do you just hope that the fish sees it or can detect bait?

I have been told that bright orange beads just above the hooks help attract whiting to the bait, but i don't know whether it would work with any other fish.

yer..in the surf i use red beads for bream and whiting....i also use lumo beads on tassie devil lures too.in the pic ya can see on just above the treble.....but with the whiting rig in the surf....som people like my dad use a bit of that red tubing but i like to put one red bead above the swivel but below the sinker....just to catch the eye of the fish...been a long time since i surf fished thou... [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/cod3-9db19d721f3bde1ca46b59a3e7503ae7.JPG

post-180-144598400884_thumb.jpg

I used a very brown and dark SX40 on the weekend at Ningi creek. The water was also pretty lurky coz of the rain.

I have the say i as impressed :)

Boated 5 flatties and a few other fish as well so they sure do work. However the other successful lure was a gold Laserpro. So im not really sure if same color lures work better. But as long as they work im happy. Ill and SX40 in a brighter colour next time and see if there is a significant difference.

Angus

Archived