Been Trying Hard (probably a bit too much)

EMP

G'day, g'day! I'm a 3 week old fishing addict. When I started, I knew nothing... absolutely nothing about fishing. So far, I've caught more than a dozen turtles, a few catfish and about another dozen Tilapia. I've been frequenting the Lake Kurowangbah and the North Pine.

I am bullish to find tips and what have you on this site. More so, new mates I look for!

Thanks heaps!:)

welcome to the site EMP there a few here that are regulars there so they'll have some great tips and what have your for your dams.

Theres heaps of great info on here have a search of the forums there are a few posts around referring to the dams you frequent

tyrion

It's good to see you having a go at 3 weeks old, I did not get my 1st fish till I was seven.

NPD is a bit hard at the moment, because of the long grass. It also fish's better in winter.

However if you are willing to put a shrimp trap in the night before fishing, you may do alright at bullocky rest. Access to the water is very limited at the moment. Good luck.

Dino

Hey Angus mate, lure/live bait/whatever. I just enjoy it no end. I don't know why but I cherish every single moment waiting and waiting. LOL.

I was at the NPD yesterday, also went to Lake K and went home swearing. LOL. Well, I caught a turtle though (but was released of course).

So lure is better for bass?

EMP wrote:

Hey Angus mate, lure/live bait/whatever. I just enjoy it no end. I don't know why but I cherish every single moment waiting and waiting. LOL.

I was at the NPD yesterday, also went to Lake K and went home swearing. LOL. Well, I caught a turtle though (but was released of course).

So lure is better for bass?

I think youll find youll have better luck using lures for a lot of species. Once you have got the knack of them that is.

For bass, Spinner Baits and Lipless crank baits and pretty much the standard catchers. Plastics, slugs, and other various bibbed lures certainly do work as well.

Angus

Hi EMP - I've been obsessed with soft plastics lately, until about a week ago when some replies to a post of mine had me charging down to the tackle shop to buy hard bodies. All the old magazines came out again and the articles that I skipped last time around got read (that's why you keep them). I can also highly recommend shrimp/prawn/pudding on a smallish hook anywhere that looks fishy...you can invest a whole lot of money (not to mention time) very quickly, so its good to keep it simple if you're slightly obsessive like me!

nigehey wrote:

Hi EMP - I've been obsessed with soft plastics lately, until about a week ago when some replies to a post of mine had me charging down to the tackle shop to buy hard bodies. All the old magazines came out again and the articles that I skipped last time around got read (that's why you keep them). I can also highly recommend shrimp/prawn/pudding on a smallish hook anywhere that looks fishy...you can invest a whole lot of money (not to mention time) very quickly, so its good to keep it simple if you're slightly obsessive like me!

Hi Nigehey,

Thanks for the advice, mate. I shall keep that in mind. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived